Highlighted

Polygon mask cuts off text

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to make a Star Wars-like intro. I'm using Premiere Pro 2020, and I'm using a fade with a 4-point polygon mask. Here's what I'm trying to do...

rhodock_2-1594653284006.png

rhodock_3-1594653314937.png

It's looking good so far, but the problem is that the text is all cut off! It's only able to mask a small square out of the entire title crawl, which is several lines long. Applying the masking effect restricted the text for some reason. Here's another screenshot of before I adjusted the polygon...

rhodock_1-1594653239946.png

What's going on? As soon as I click to create the masking effect the text seems to restrict itself into a much, much smaller area. 

I hope this explains it all. Cheers!

-Simon

Edit: The first two screenshots are as I apply the mask on the frame shown in the third screenshot, if that clears anything up. Scrolling through the frames still shows the crawl but in a very small area.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Polygon mask cuts off text

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to make a Star Wars-like intro. I'm using Premiere Pro 2020, and I'm using a fade with a 4-point polygon mask. Here's what I'm trying to do...

rhodock_2-1594653284006.png

rhodock_3-1594653314937.png

It's looking good so far, but the problem is that the text is all cut off! It's only able to mask a small square out of the entire title crawl, which is several lines long. Applying the masking effect restricted the text for some reason. Here's another screenshot of before I adjusted the polygon...

rhodock_1-1594653239946.png

What's going on? As soon as I click to create the masking effect the text seems to restrict itself into a much, much smaller area. 

I hope this explains it all. Cheers!

-Simon

Edit: The first two screenshots are as I apply the mask on the frame shown in the third screenshot, if that clears anything up. Scrolling through the frames still shows the crawl but in a very small area.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're going about this the wrong way.

Use the Basic 3D effect from the Effects/Perspecitive folder, and 'tip' the text back by simply rotating it back in the 3D controls. Tip to the angle you want, then size to get the width correct.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

I deleted the Corner Pin effect and added the Basic 3D as you recommended. Immediately without changing anything, I noticed a similar problem - the text still gets cuts off at the bottom. What's happening now?

SimoTodo_0-1594801436411.png

Simon

Edit: Sorry, this actually happened as soon as I deleted the corner pins! I deleted the 3D effects and it didn't change this cut-off box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you still have a mask showing ... reset everything in the ECP.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

01. animate your rolling text without any effects or masks using the 

position property from Text and not from Motion in Effect Controls

02. apply linear wipe, wipe angle 180, set transition completion

to where you want the text to fade and set the feather to your taste

03. apply Basic 3D as Neil stated (tilt it)

04. readjust the text bottom line from position in Motion

let me know if you want a video tutorial, but it's not that complicated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 3
MyerPj LATEST
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind (global effects off was selected. I knew when I set that a couple days ago it would mess me up!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0