• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor performance on playback a7s3 4k (xavc-s i) mp4 files

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback a7s3 4k (xavc-s i) mp4 files are too lagy on this new version compare to adobe PPRO 13.1.5 version! it should be the first thing to better optimize. I tested same a7s3 mp4 file (xavc-s i) on resolve 16, playback is far far far better in resolve 16! it is day and night. This is why i will migrate to resolve.I can't support anymore this lagy editing. What are you doing Adobe?

Lagy on intel i7 5960x, 64go ram and rtx3070 ! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rudolph,

Sorry about this. Have you tried any standard troubleshooting steps? What happens after deleting all media cache and trashing preferences in a brand new 14.7 project? Same issue? You can also try out the beta version to see if you are getting better performance there.

If so, you might try updating your CPU to a Gen 6 minimum, as listed in system requirements for HD. You need a Gen 7 min for 4K. I believe Intel changed drivers quite recently, so if you are getting better performance with an earlier version, that would probably be the reason. In my opinion, roll back the version or update the CPU and other hardware (if necessary) to keep pace. 

Comparing performance with Resolve is something you might want to mention in User Voice. We are in support and do not dev the product, so there's not much we can say or do that would be helpful. Devs are hanging out there and would read your bug report when you file it.

I do apologize for the performance issues you are experiencing. Hope whatever you decide works out in your favor. Good luck.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines