Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Windows 10

GTX 1080

64GB RAM

6-Core e5-2630 V4 @ 2.2 ghZ

Hey guys.

My team came back from a shoot with the C200, they shot in CRM @4k/50fps and the playback in Premiere Pro CC18 + CC19 is just AWFUL.

We're talking 1fps on 1/16 Res. No finicky work possible, I'm lagging behind with this project now since a week because every workflow is being denied.

1.) I did proxies through Premiere Pro, Attached them and not a single one was in sync with the files, it was the same clips but it used completely different parts of said clips.

2.) I made proxies with Media Encoder, 10 hours later I had playable clips but I couldn't attach those as proxies because the audio channels didn't match, even though they did match.

3.) Installed Canon Cinema Raw Development and checked the playback: BUTTERY SMOOTH PLAYBACK! @ Full Res I had just a few dropped frames here and there.

What's going on with Premiere ?

Thanks

Jannick

Moderator note: please refrain from profanity on these forums. We have minors reading here. I changed your title to something more searchable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything??? It's January and I really need this to be fixed! Any work arounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?  I just noticed that this thread started over a year ago.  My production dept just upgraded to a C300 miii and I am having an IMPOSSIBLE time trying to edit the Canon Cinema Raw files.  Files play back for about 8 seconds and then the sound drops out and stutters the rest of the way, even with Premiere set to 1/4 playback.  The transport controls are also VERY laggy, pressing play takes about 5 seconds to start playing.

i7 8700 3.7GHz 32GB Windows 10

Anything Adobe?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan - is there a bug fix ticket or something similar where we can add our votes to? I'm trying to edit on Windows in CC2021 and having a nightmare with it. Like most others, I've tried CC19/20/21 and would really appreciate being able to voice frustration/priority to the dev team.

Thanks,

Cal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody hear any update on this? We have a team member using Canon's raw. She's on windows 10, RTX 2080, Intel i9 gold 18 core. 

CRM will playback (slow) within premiere, and it will export fine, but when whe goes to cache out the rendering the entire timeline just goes black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix because I just purchased a Canon C200 myself and have Adobe on Windows and was blown away by how horrible it was.

It's a latency issue with Adobe Premiere pro in the Audio Hardware section under "preferences". Just trust me on this. I know it sounds weird.

Open up Audio Hardware

Click on "Default Input" and change to "No input"

Then click on latency and switch it to "200" unless it's already on there. 
Save those settings, and you should be able to have seamless playback when you click "Render in to out."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan - by any chance is there any update on this bug please?

In case it helps anyone still trying to work with CRM on Windows, I'm editing on a 1080p sequence (footage scaled to 50%) and have found a significant performance increase when ensuring the Master Effects are left as default (Color Space: Cinema Gamut & Gamma: either clog2 or clog3) but also the Program monitor High Quality Playback is turned OFF. Resolution can still be set at Full and adjustment layers with luts/corrections/grading on top - playback is much smoother. Changing Master Effects from default grinds playback to a halt.

I hope that helps someone!

Thanks,

Cal

Running PP 2021 on Win10, Intel i7-6700k @ 4.7GHz, GTX 1080, 48GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines