• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor sound quality in timeline and export; fine in Source?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

Newbie to Pr but experienced pro in digital audio. I'm stumped and know I'm just missing something somewhere.

I've made a music video for one of my songs. The graphics are all done (in AE), imported to Pr and eveything looks great. I import the final mix of the audio and it sounds very low quality when played from the timeline and in the final output, regardless of format (I've tried several presets and custom settings as well). I played around and noticed that the audio sounds fine when played from the Source window inside Premier.

The Pr session is comrised of 18 video tracks (not all playing at once, of course) and one stereo audio track.

I've tried re-exporting the audio from Logic at different bit depths, sample rates and file formats (mp3, wav, AAC, etc) but the results are the same every time: Source (Pr)sounds fine, Logic output sounds fine, rendered / timeline playback sounds like very low quality mp3 and final product sounds just as bad.

I've tried everything I can think of. I hope one of you can show me what I'm missing.

TIA!

Mark

Premier Pro CC

Processor  2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Thank you for the reply!

I was experiencing the same results no matter what export settings I used. Plus the poor sound quality was present in the timeline itself, without even exporting the project.

I finally threw my hands up, started a completely new project, drug the same audio file in... sounded fine. Copied / Pasted the video clips from the original, broken project and boom, eveything is fixed. Yeah, corrupted Pr file it turns out. All I had to do was start a new project and import all the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

I think i found better solution for that. I had the same problem and after 3h of traying to do sth i found that my audio sequence settings (right click on sequence > audio is second segment) don't much to audio settings. I change Sample Rate in sequence settings to much witch my audio track and it helps. Greetings from Poland!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat are the audio export settings that accompany the video preset you chose or made.?

What are your Project Sequence Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!

I was experiencing the same results no matter what export settings I used. Plus the poor sound quality was present in the timeline itself, without even exporting the project.

I finally threw my hands up, started a completely new project, drug the same audio file in... sounded fine. Copied / Pasted the video clips from the original, broken project and boom, eveything is fixed. Yeah, corrupted Pr file it turns out. All I had to do was start a new project and import all the old components.

I've had to do this in Logic a lot (increasingly, these days). I just wish I'd tried it 10 hours earlier! Ha.

Anyway, problem solved, and thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, had this bad audio in my headphones all the time.. Figured out how to do it :

Go to Premiere Pro CC > Preferences > Audio Hardware in Mac (should be similar in windows).

Use the following settings :

Default input : Built-in microphone

Default output : (can be anything)

Master clock : (can be anything)

I/O buffer size : 512 and above (512 should be default)

Sample Rate : 44100 HZ (must be)

and bam! The audio works neat now..

ShotbySEKU​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thats what i assumed it was, but premiere wont let me push it beyond 16000hz. I've also tried changing the device playback within mac midi editor, which also wouldnt let me change it to 44,100. Once premiere is closed, the issue is not evident and deals directly with premiere. Do you know of a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're such a Champ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Perfectly worked, thanks dude:hundred_points:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i found better solution for that. I had the same problem and after 3h of traying to do sth i found that my audio sequence settings (right click on sequence > audio is second segment) don't much to audio settings. I change Sample Rate in sequence settings to much witch my audio track and it helps. Greetings from Poland!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life.

Regards from Hellgium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. My. Frigging. 

You are a lifesaver. Too bad I also used about 20 hrs of wasted time trying to edit s*tty audio in Premiere Pro. In the ened I re-recorded some of the audio and did all the editing from scratch in Audition and it still sounded really poor in Premiere Pro. This really helped, the sample rate in sequence was 32 kHz...

Regards from Finland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I was loosing my mind over this one. Greetings from Montana!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is that audio sequence setting, on your computer or on Adobe premiere reference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click at your sequence in Project browser panel, then you'll see Sequence Setting

NguyenThanhNam_0-1629900229405.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKK YYYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!! Love Ya!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! this is the correct answer and it takes only 2 clicks to solve!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my life, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is so much later. But wow. Thank you. The audio sample rate was the problem. Thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to solve that issue. At windows player sound is perfect in premiere it crushes at high notes.

I checked sample rate. It is 64kb/s.

Can someone help me? I tried to change sample rate at premiere it didnt work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried it at another software. Same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here what I just figured out. I'm using Dell monitors and display cables not HDMI or VGA and my speakers were plugged in the back of the computer as usual. I had to plug my speakers into the port in back of 1 of my monitors and the disable all other audio sources. And BAM audio problem solved. I'll post this in some of the other threads, so maybe it will help others with this issue. Omg I'm so happy right now!

20210303_195136.jpg

 

20210303_195028.jpg

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solve the problem by recording the voice file with some screenrecording program...

I will try that, because files keep coming.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replying here after all these years because most answers are about sample rates and technical hoo-haa, when (in may case at least) it seems like Premiere is putting a some sort of weird MONO mix-down track track in the A1 slot by default ... sometimes...  not all the time.  Not sure why. 

So, if there's a mono'sih mix in track A1?   Well, audio on that track is going to sound bad compared to listening to it in the source monitor.

Why does it do this?  How can you fix track A1?  I have no idea. 

All I do is create new audio tracks below A1, move my audio stuff there --and it then it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what worked for me. so weird that it does this. This should be more clear for people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lou25368167n0b7_0-1694715556826.png

It's actually the tiny speaker icons that you see that cause this. It's the mono tracks. Anything that doesnt have a speaker is stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines