Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Position (of text) change When I change scale

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I used to make a text pop up in a video by changing the scale (example : from 0 to 110 - 5 frames after -, then 95 - 3 frame after - and finally 100).

But since recently i couldnt do it because when i change the scale the position of the text also change, i dont know why (but the position writen on the effect control doesnt change)

i m on premiere pro 2019, Windows 10

thx 

Damien

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Actually, i just found the solution : i positioned the text in the Vector motion section (looks like it s the only section where i can grab the text and move it), then in the Text section, i put Anchor point at 0/0 (it was at 20/0 for me), then i centered the text. And it works fine.

thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to see a couple screengrabs of how you're doing this ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are 3 screenshots.

Note that, on the effect settings, I only made the scale differs, not the position or anchor point. But look  how, on the screen, the position will change. This is my problem.

1) scale = 50

8DEB7FAA-05FC-4BAB-B28C-0A9DC7876160.jpeg

2) Scale = 100

4F25D290-AC71-42A9-AD8E-3F6B1F16A6ED.jpeg

3) Scale = 150

36CCED2B-EFF1-4476-B269-ACE79A5DD290.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change your anchor point, by chance? Without being able to see much of your project, my guess would be that the text scaling from the anchor point. If you want it to scale from the center, then your anchor point needs to be centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for you answer, i havent change the anchor point.

I just posted 3 screenshots : same position, same anchor but different scales.

the result on the video is that the scale AND  the position change together.

Since i want to make a text pop up, it means that the text "arrive" on video from an very different position that it will remain after poping up (because the pop up begins by a scale 0 to get to 100, but the two scale 0 and 100 ate linked to  2 very different position on the screen, even though i haven't  change the position in the settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danc,

Quick test. Added text in middle of upper right quadrant. Anchor point of the text box is in the center of the screen, and the scaling appears to happen from there - i.e. what you don't want. I move the anchor point to the middle of the text/text box, and I get the type of scaling you appear to want.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, can i ask a few questions to be sure i understand well ?

First i just realised i don't have the same problem with picture (jpeg, png) : for picture changing scale dont create a change of position. It stays centered at a the same point no matter the scale. 
So maybe it's just that i don't understand how texts work. 
Unlike pictures, i see on the text effect panel 3 sections where i can find Position, Scale, Rotation, Anchor point...

Those 3 sections are named :

- Vector motion

- Text

- Video

(for pictures i only have Motion)

In which of these section should I ajust Position, scale and anchor point ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, i just found the solution : i positioned the text in the Vector motion section (looks like it s the only section where i can grab the text and move it), then in the Text section, i put Anchor point at 0/0 (it was at 20/0 for me), then i centered the text. And it works fine.

thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i just understood and and apply what you suggested. It works fine. I judt didnt know what an anchor point was used. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Damien, I don't know if this is still something you're interested in - but I would suggest scrolling down in the effect controls panel and using the scale option under the video heading, rather than under the graphics heading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines