• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible Bug with Track Matte and non-square pixels

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to reproduce this on both a Mac and  PC.  Both with most recent versions of Premier Pro(14.4.0 build 38) and the respective operating systems.  In each case, the issue only occurs with non-square pixels and using hardware acceleration (Metal on mac, Cuda on PC).  

I have managed to reproduce this with minimal steps:

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start a new project (use Hardware acceleration)

2) create a new HD Bars and Tones, set it for 1.33 pixel aspect ratio

3) Drag the bars and tones to the sequence window to create a sequence with matching settings.

4) Alt drag the bars and tones up to V2 to create a copy.  

5) On V2 add a square opacity mask. Just click the square under opacity, the default will demonstrate the issue nicely.

6) On V1 add the Track Matte Key effect.  Select V2 as the source Matte, composite using alpha. 

Now notice that the area masked by the track matte is smaller then the actual alpha on v2. You can see this clearly by going back to V2 and clicking the mask path so that it's outline shows up. Move the mask around to see how it is some kind of scaling issue (i.e. move the mask to the far left and the track mask will not even be aligned to the opacity mask)

7) In project settings, switch to software render... the problem goes away!!!

I was quite shocked when this was repoducable on two different operating systems. I figured at first it was a Mac OS bug.

I have tried various Nesting to see if it can be resolved that way, but it cannot. Only work around is either turn off hardware accel or use square pixels.

This may not be a bug, perhaps I am just missing something obvious? But it is a real pain if it is a feature.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user peer support site mostly. That's an intriguing post, and it would be good to get that to the engineers.

The way to do that directly is to post the full thing over on their UserVoice system ... that goes directly to the engineering team. They don't always respond, but they do read every post filed. If you include a link back to this thread they might even have someone respond.

That is odd behavior, not what I'd expect. And yes, following your steps produces that result.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good I will post it as you suggested. Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro has had track matte bugs for over 5 years. It is safe to safe they will not be fixed even though I was told they would be fixed.

https://youtu.be/1mJnLnyACoghttps://youtu.be/hroHcwOxoOI

This video reveals the reason for the tack matte bug in Premiere Pro CC. Adobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN Resolve https://amzn.to/3NcL1zP Links are monetized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines