Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible solution for media pending issue in Premiere Pro 14.4 onwards

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have had that same frustration with videos showing the yellow media pending on older projects. I've tried all the fixes - Enable, Disable, Copy, make a new project (not really viable for the big project I'm working on!) etc etc.

When I did the copy video thing and I could see it in the project while the original was black with just audio. It occurred to me that a new XMP file was created with the copy in the folder the clip lived. So..... I deleted the XMP file for the original clip in the folder..... and hey presto! ....the clip gave me the loading blue bar at the bottom and "popped" back up in the project with a new XMP file.

If you are frustrated with all the workarounds and nothing is working, try deleting all the associated XMP files in the folder where the original videos are (my XMP files were at least 2 years old) and see if that fixes the problem. You will get new XMP files created for the project so if you have lots of clips like I do, it may take a bit of time. Saved me having to redo 4 sequences of 30 minutes each with at least 7 clips in each sequence!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I have exactly the same problem and I'm desperate. My projecr stops playing, it's not possible to render or export it and none of the fixes work. 

How do I delet the XMP file for the original clip in the folder? I already deleted all the media-chache files, it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines