• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to (disable) 'Snap' inside Effect Control window for Keyframes?

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: Premiere Pro 2019 

Quick question that I couldn't find an answer to.
Can you disable the keyframes so they don't snap to timeline inside 'Effect Controls' window, as the (S) Snap only affects the project timeline and not inside Effect Controls w/ keyframes.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Turn off Snap from the effect controls window hamburger menu.

temp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you wanting to simply disable key frames on any effects?

If so, that's easy. Click the stopwatch button to the left of any effect to toggle keyframes on/off.

When it's blue you make keyframes, gray you don't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry bit of a miss-spell there. I didn't mean to ask how do you disable keyframes. I meant ask how do you disable the keyframes *from snapping* to the playhead timeline (not sure if thats exactly whats its called) *inside* of the Effect Controls window. 

I'm trying to get the same effect as (S) Snap feature inside of the actual project timeline, BUT to be able to disable/enable that effect *inside* of the Effect Controls. Hopefully I explained that a bit better.
x (1).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I tend to add keyframes in the ECP by moving the playhead to where I need the keyframe then add the keyframe. Often it will be say 20 frames, kf, another 10 frames, kf sort of thing. and of course I'll select a group and drag them at times.

I can't think of a time I'm creating keyframes away from the playhead though. I've never heard of anyone doing that, and I've never tried. Don't know why you would, really ... one tends to need to know the frame the kf's are set to. Even when dragging them, it tends to be to align them with a keyframe on a different effect, so I've got the playhead at that point, drag the group so the chosen kf is on the playhead.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually keyframes are required to line up, but for what I am doing its a bit different, and trust me I wish it wasn't.. so that I could just snap them to position lol

I created an image to better describe my scenario.
Mask = Blue | Slash 20frame spacing = Red 

The text is revealed via mask effect as the yellow forward slash slides across the text at the same time to display the revealing effect.

Since the slash is 20frames past the mask/text, it then throws off the alignment to the mask so I am then required to fine-tune the slash positioning to match the mask reveal.
This requires me to sit there and play around with the spacing of the kf's till I am lined up with the mask reveal, and the problem I'm having is the keyframe likes to snap as I'm doing this fine-tune and it makes the task much more tedius than it needs to be. 

So if I were to disable the snap somehow, it would speed up the process. 
I'm also hoping that you understand what I mean and might know of an easier way to achieve this without the fine-tuning headache? lol

(also, I can't have the forward slash just sit at end of the last letter to match the mask to avoid needing to fine-tune as the slash does a 360 rotation spin before moving back in to un-reveal the text, so the 20frame spacing is needed *causing the un-alignment to the mask*)
x.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can zoom in the timeline that's inside the effect controls window, it will give you more space between the playhead and the keyframe, thus not triggering the snap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've been doing this, and it does help but it still snaps for me as the adjustments are still so close to the play head, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off Snap from the effect controls window hamburger menu.

temp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines