Possible to normalize playback of audio without adding an effect?

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record with PR and then always go back and immediately edit my rcordings.  I'm recording off of a focuswrite that just has one channel of output and I don't want to set the output very high so that I  make sure I don't get any distortion. Later, in my encoding phase, I normalize the gain to something more reasonable.

My question is, is there some option I can set that will convert the playback to something with a noralized gain as well as playback in both ears (mono).  I don't want to add any effects to my timeline because I'm afraid I will forget to remove them before I do my encoding

I would think a lot of people run into this issue and there is a good way to solve it.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
gerikp LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything you do you'd have to remember to turn off anyway. So maybe adjusting your workflow to do the normalization earlier instead of at the encoding stage would fit the bill. You'd be accomplishing the same thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more