• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to set keyframes on a clip for auto Lumetri Color Basic Correction?

Participant ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two hour interview clip, where the lighting gets progressively darker throughout.  

I would like to use Lumetri Color keyframes at the beginning and end to adjust as needed to the changing light.  

I would also like to use the Auto feature (under Basic Correction) because that is the most simple (I am fairly new to color correction and don't want to get stuck in trying to learn how to do this more manually).  

Is it possible to use keyframes when applying the Auto Lumetri Color Basic Correction?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the Effects Control Panel after you've touched anything in the Lumetri panel, you see the Lumetri effect laid out. And when you twirl down the various sections, most effects have the little stopwatch icons which tells us they can be keyframed.

So ... most of the tools of Lumetri can be keyframed individually. Plus of course you can always keyframe the opacity of an effect in total.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another way to approach this is to mark an in where the change starts and an out where the change ends.  Note the duration and then add an edit in the middle of the section and add a dissolve for the duration of the change and apply different lumetri settings to the 2 sections.  Might not be as precise as keyframing but might be quicker...  certainly worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M,

I do that with audio, as well, sometimes. It's faster than fiddling with keyframes, I found. I'm a beast with that technique in Rush so that when it comes into Pro, you can use auto ducking very effectively. It's almost magical. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there's the option of adding an Adjustment Layer over the whole thing. On the A-L, go to the end of the clip, and use the color workspace Lumetri panel to adjust the image to match the beginning.

Then go back earlier and adjust the opacity of the A-L so that at the beginning, there's no effect, but by the end it's up where it needs to be.

Like about anything else, there's multiple ways of doing things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people use Adjustment layers where they really should be adding Lumetri as a Source effect instead. Less computer overhead to involve one less track, I would posit.

Regards,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True. But for this kind of simple thing, can be an easier to visualize fix for someone new to the process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines