• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 14.0 What is the best practice for keeping applied effects for audio in Project

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use music beds in all of my videos.  These music beds are interchangeable, meaning I go cycle through about 10 of them.  The challenge is there are static effects on these sound beds for example opening levels and then fade out that are always the same.

In the past I have kept all of these music beds in the timeline, but having too many of them takes a lot of time to encode plus it makes the timeline really messy to edit with.

So what is the best practice to maybe convert audio clips from the main timeline with their effects intact to a sequence so I can put those sequences in the project for later, easy retrieval?

Our is there a much better way?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any reason why you can't just create a sequence with the 10 tracks with their effects and just drag this sequence into your current timeline.  Just double click on the nested sequence which will open it in it's own tab in the timeline and solo the appropriate track.  switch back to your containing sequence and play...  or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but I would like to have an Audio only sequence so I don't contaminate my main sequence thereby dragging over an audio and video track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, make a sequence solely with those audio tracks. Then just drag that in and either go into it and solo the one you want, or copy and paste it out of there into your new sequence and delete the audio sequence. It would be like a holder of clips that are organized out and have the right effects on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can save customized presets for many (if not most) effects, however I seem to remember there are some effects that will not allow this, so keeping a sequence with audio with these effects applied is the only way to have them available. 

And just in case you don't know this, you mention having an audio only sequence.  as far as I know, every sequence has to have at least one video and one audio track but there's no reason that there has to be any clips in the video track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put your music only sequence in the source monitor you can drag just the audio to your master timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sequence settings can I use to make it audio only?  If a sequence only has an audio track is it considered audio only?Sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, a sequence with audio and video is no good for me.  Because it will lay down a blank video track even if I don't have anything in the sequence.

Video track also.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just put the music sequence with black video in the source monitor and just drag the audio to your master timeline. To drag just the audio click on the waveform symbol below the source monitor picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines