• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 14.6 won't open older project

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after a lot of dragging of heels I finally jumped in and upgraded my Mac to Big Sur 11.01, then upgraded to Premiere Pro 14.6.

I then opened a project created in the laste iteration of PP only for nothing to happen.

Then read that changing the preferences with regards external displays (so that no external display is selected) would fix the problem.  

That indeed worked.  But now... I have to remember to swirch off the external display option in preferences under Playback, before closing the software, otherwise, when I open the project next time, the same hangup occurs.

Not ideal in a professional environment...

Hopefully a fix will come for this soon.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question ... did you simply "open" the project in the new version?

It's normally best to create a new project file in a new version, then from Premiere's MediaBrowser panel, navigate to the old version project file, select it and import the assets of that project file into the new one.

Don't have any clue if that will help with that nasty monitor issue, but it oft makes for a vastly more stable update.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for the suggestion. 

I've never had to open a project in the way you describe — I'm sure it'll work as the issue isn't with creating a new project, it's the opening of a project created in the previous version of PP. 

It's worth a try though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never open an old version project in a new version. Too many chances of not getting everything set right, all meta properly placed & such.

It's simply a more stable process to create fresh project files totally in the new version. Takes a few seconds, always works clean.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines