• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 15.0 - Captions won't go to the bottom of the screen

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a way to move the captions to the bottom of the screen in the most current version of PP 2021. The new subtitle track doesn't allow for 'motion' control in the EFFECTS PANEL, and the tools in the ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS panel don't allow you to move captions to the bottom of the screen. Any thoughts or workarounds? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the bottom, do you mean actually touching the bottom of the frame? Or just generally in the lower portion of the frame? The default behavior of a new subtitle is what I could consider "the bottom of the screen." See below.

bottom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean 'bottom' bottom. I have a client who likes captions lower than the example you have shown -- not much, but none the less, lower. In older version, you could move them to whereever you like. It seems that this new version has a limit as to how low they can go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Captions workspace version of the EGP, note the "Captions Position Block" ... you select one of those nine boxes, and it places them 'centered' in the area of that box. Then you use the controls just to the right of that tool to fine-tune placement on the screen within that box's area.

Neil

Captions Position Block.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but if you select the lowest centered block and then try to change the '0' to a lesser number (so as to shift the text lower in the frame, the new software limits how low you can go. I have a client who likes captions a tad bit lower than your example (set against a 50% opacity black bar). But I can't seem to find a way to get the text lower than the example shown in your pic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, a side effect of making the caption track its own type of track meant that it was no longer subject to Effect Controls. And some workarounds (e.g. moving the caption track down to the edge of the frame) are no longer possible.

There is no workaround for this other than using regular graphics text and not captions. You can roll back to 14.9 and advocate for this to be added as a feature.

Here is one feature request to upvote.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42760940-move-captions-to-t...

See my posts here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-v15-captions-can-t-be-positioned-low-enough/m-p...

and here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-to-change-layer-of-captions-e-g-in-front-behind-othe...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines