• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2020 - 14.3 Unuseable laggy mess

Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started a new project today in 14.3, (rush project BTW, needs to be finished by tomorrow night) and I can't get any work done because it is too laggy. I need to mask one layer over the other and PP falls apart trying to accomplish this. This a very simple project and should easily be handled by PP.

I delayed in updating PP for years because PP2017 worked great for me without any problems... once my work slowed due to COVID, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. I had a small project using 14.2 and it worked great. Is there any hope with this version or am I going to have to start the project all over again?

Win 10

i7-6900K @ 3.2GHz

32 Gig RAM

nVidia 1070

h.264 video files

Deleted media cache files, installed newest drivers, etc

Thanks for any help.

C

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K h.264 BTW (Never had a problem with this before)

Switched to software only and it can at least play my timeline, so I won't have to start over. Still looking for answers though. 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current drivers are borking some users' workflows, TM. I would try rolling back a version and see if you get some performance improvements. Please also try trashing prefs.

Curious: what are you using for a media drive? Or is your media on the ol' OS drive? That can be a bottleneck if your media is 4K Long GOP and you're compositing. I hate H.264, I invariably transcode to make my world a little easier to deal with.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I updated my drivers (to the newest version) because I was having issues... which still persist. I can go back a couple and see if that helps. I can't even rename a sequence without closing and then re-opening PP... it just does nothing.

Fast Raid drive for media. With separate SSDs for C, D and Cache respectively. Again 14.2 worked better than any other version for me. I could play multiple layers with MagicBullet Looks applied without issue.

Originally Adobe said that the whole benefit of PP was NO transcoding... not saying I love h.264 but I have never had a problem with it.

Been using "Premiere" since about 1995, so I pretty well know the rules. 🙂

I'll try trashing the prefs to see if that helps.

Thanks,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Trashing my prefs seemed to help a bit. But it still drops frames.

I have three monitors... 2 for PP and 1 for a 4K program monitor. After trashing the prefs, I had to re-enable Mercury Transmit for the program monitor... when I did that everything fell apart, so... I turned it off and it worked better... then I turned it back on again and it is still better. So, at least I am moving forward for now although still dropping frames.

I have to leave this until tomorrow but hopefully this might help provide some info to solve my problems. I still haven't backed up to older drivers yet, so I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the help, I hope we can figure this out so that it works a well as before. 🙂

Thanks,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines