• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2021 cannot extend clips on timeline. Clips will display footage from other clips. help!

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using premiere pro 2021 version. I've noticed that when I place clips into a sequence on my timeline, at some point they somehow all get burned into one combination even though they are clearly different and separate clips. That means at some point, I can't extend or cut clips anymore, as footage from one clip will somehow end up on the clip next to it, so when I try to extend one of the clips by dragging it, it will show the clip sequentially next to it and not the clip I'm trying to extend. It sometimes works when I drag the clip up to the next video track, but just not when they're all on the same video track. Why is this happening? Is it a bug? Please help, thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks so much, let me try and see if it helps!! Will keep you posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines