• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC crashing at startup

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently I started experiencing crashes when I try to start premiere pro CC and open up a  saved project. It can be any project. If I start a new project, PP will open and I can work for a while. But then when I go to save the project, it saves, but the project automatically closes for some reason, and then when I try to reopen the project, PP will crash instantly. My GPU drivers are up to date. I've removed external media with files on them and get the same result. I've also started PP while holding ALT to reset my settings. Still having instant crashes if I open up a saved project. I'm not sure where to go next with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi isaac162,

Sorry about this annoying issue.

What is the exact version of Premiere Pro (check in the help menu) & what are your system specs?

We need a lot more information to troubleshoot this. FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

But then when I go to save the project, it saves, but the project automatically closes for some reason

Are you using the 'Save As' option to save your project?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not use Save As, I just used Save. Here are my specs:

System specs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with Steps 3D and 4D below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any outside virus protection software, nor do I have any games or unecessary software on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, next try Steps 2E and B together.  (A new project, with different camera media.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding SHIFT+ALT and starting Premiere. Adding shift also flushes the plugin cache which may be causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines