• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC2019 Unable to Open File On Disk

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have various files exported out of FCPX that open in Quicktime, FCP, and Davinci Resolve. The file types I've tried are HD ProRes 422 .mov, XDCAM422 .mov, and H264.mov. When I try to import in PP I get an error message saying We were unable to open the file on the disk. Several colleagues are having the same problem. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.31.20 AM.png

[Moderator note: please drag/drop images directly into your reply box so users can see them without having to download the files to their computer. I fixed this post for you.]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe able to respond? Ive had people on other forum checking the files I've made and the too have had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, with volunteers (like me) that put in a lot of time helping our peers. There is oversight by the product support staffers.

That would look to be a permissions issue is my guess. That appears to be on an external drive connected via Thunderbolt, so you would need to check in the OS that Premiere has permissions to access that drive.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil,

The file can't be opened by others as well on different machines. I exported the file out to the internal SSD as well as a direct attached drive. PP can import other files from both sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a puzzlement. Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines