• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CS6 and MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB compatibility

Guide ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've replaced my ageing PC with an i7 7700, Asus Maximus Hero IX mobo with GTX 1060 GPU.

PP CS6 aborts loading with the error message 'Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules...'

I have edited the supported coda_supported_cards file and have the latest GeForce drivers but gpusniffer.exe says the card was not chosen because it did not match the named list of cards.

Can anyone please suggest what the correct syntax is - or whether is is a permanently incompatible duo.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Thanks to Bill Gehrke for suggesting it may be a corrupt install.  CC Cleaner and a re-installation fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest NVidia driver is not always the best... not on my current computer, but on a previous one with a different NVidia card (and different version of PPro) I could only use one specific driver... nothing earlier, and nothing later... so you may need to experiment

As for the card name in the text file, right click in your desktop and select NVidia control panel then System information in the lower left corner of the pop up window to make sure that you are using exactly the same name as nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  The syntax for my card is correct in the cuda_supported_cards.txt file, so that's disappointing.

I guess I'll have to play around with older drivers.  It will be a shame because I've just this second built the machine primarily for Photoshop and LR.  I didn't see this hiccup on my radar at all! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, using the 4+ year old PPro with a newer generation NVidia card MAY require using an older driver

I use a GeForce GTX 760 with my PProCS6 and Win10 and all works well (knock on wood and hope a future Win10 updates doesn't hose my system)

I'm really not "up" on the hardware in NVidia cards, but I do think the 1060 uses architecture that wasn't around when CS6 was written, so that also MAY be a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trawling the web, I see that some comments are about non-utilisation of cuda cores with CS6/GTX1060. 

I can't get that far - as PP won't load after the ' 'Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules...' message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Bill Gehrke for suggesting it may be a corrupt install.  CC Cleaner and a re-installation fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you end up getting hardware rending ability with the 1060 and CS6?  Have you tried it with CC?

It would be great if Adobe would update the graphics card list.  I think the latest GTX they have on there is around the 700 series (off the top of my head).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventually I managed to get Mercury playback GPU acceleration.

The additional issue:  CS6 recognised my 3 monitors (however, identified them incorrectly), but wouldn't allow my right hand monitor to act as preview monitor.  This facility worked correctly on my previous PC and earlier nVidia GTX card.

I subscribed to CC and all works as expected - including correct identification of monitors and preview facility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this card work well for 4K footage on PPCS6?  I am filming on a Sony 7iii using the Sony XAVC S 4K  setting for my 4K footage.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No probs with Nikon D850: 4K UHD 3,840x2,160 / 25 fps @ 144Mbps

However, I wasn't layering too many video tracks or cutting too many masks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon.... My wife's machine is rather old but it runs like a champ with 1080 footage.  I upgraded her system drive and her scratch drive to SSDs and her machine runs nice with this set-up, but her GPU is AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series and that requires a modest amount of rendering for playback. The CPU is a Intel Core i7 CPU  860 @2.80GHz and she has 16GB RAM in the machine.  I am hoping by adding a better GPU that it improves 4K editing performance.  Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I'm replying to 3 year old thread..but I just wanted to say I finally got my 1060 working with Premier CS6 by editing the cuda file and crucially, thanks to John, adding "6GB" to the card name, in my case..."GeForce GTX 1060 6GB".  I'd been trying all day with just "GeForce GTX 1060" and getting nowhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines