• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP doesn't expand the Effects panel wide enough to view all the keyframes.

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has irked me for years and hasn't been fixed, I'm not finding the answer online, and I'm not sure if I can explain it properly  - although this post on another forum seems to partially address it.

In the Effects panel, I create a Scale keyframe at the beginning of a sequence, then move through and create several more keyframes throughout, so the Effects panel scrolls  horz. to where I'm working, and the first keyframes scroll behind the interface, as expected. When I scroll back to the beginning, the first keyframe has disappeared. If I expand the scroll bar horz. to show the full view, the first and last keyframes don't show.

However, I can still select the first keyframe when I click on the second one and use the little go-to-previous arrow, the indicator/playhead will jump to it correctly - off of the Effects panel screen altogether. This happens to last keyframe also. 

Is this just what people get used to with PP? What am I missing here?

PP15/Build 41 MacOS10.14.5

pp-effects-panel-keyframe-bug.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

AnnBens_0-1624053901541.png

That will give you more room to maneuver in the ECP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1624053901541.png

That will give you more room to maneuver in the ECP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks great to know!  

I'm curious why the default setting allows such a confusing disappearance of beginning and ending keyframes ... Is that helpful somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The vast majority of keyframed work is done to a specific clip, where you want the ECP "zoomed in" on the clip you're working on. Hence the default of "pin to clip".

In several years of editing, I've never needed to change it. Nor have I seen more than a couple posts about this here since 2014. So for the vast majority of users, the default is the preferred default setting. And yes, for certain things, it's useful to change that behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines