• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP Files will not play on ASUS Zephyrus G14 with RTX 2060 Max-Q

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new ASUS Zephyrus G14 with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q GPU and it will not play anything in Premiere Pro. I've been using DaVinci Resolve for 2 months without a problem but finally transferred my Adobe license over to the new computer. Premiere files played just fine on the older computer. The audio is garbled and the video stutters and starts and stops. This affects all files, small and large, old projects and new tests.

What I've done so far today: I upgraded the drivers, first to the latest 452.06 -- and they would not play AT ALL. So I installed 451.77, which is what Adobe said would work in the System Compatibility Report -- and now the files sound like they did originally with the 451.67 drivers I was using. Now I've downgraded Premiere to version 13.1.5, and still won't play simple files smoothly. I don't know what else to try.

This is not at all what I expected buying the most expensive non-Mac latpop I ever have. It's supposed to be the fastest 14" laptop out right now and the envy of content creators everywhere. I guess none of the reviewers actually tried using Premiere Pro.

What else can I do do get this running? Are there setting anywhere else? It's the same for all three render options (CUDA, OpenCL GPU acceleration and software only). Also, does not work with proxy files (edit: just tested).

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Here's the link to the Adobe CC Cleaner. I don't know exactly what worked for me after 3 days of persistence. Neil, in another thread, says it is the CC cleaner that makes all the difference. I won't argue with that. What I did was uninstall the Nvidia drivers completely using the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Nvidia-Drivers. (I had to reboot in Safe Mode to delete some of the folders. They don't mention that.)

Then I attempted to uninstall the Creative Cloud app through Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try downloading the driver from here and make a clean install: 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

also trash the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished doing all of that, including deleting everything from the registry, according to this:
https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Nvidia-Drivers .

And I have the exact same garbled audio and stuttering video I had to begin with. I'm now running the 451.77 driver.

I'm so disappointed. If I hadn't found, and prefer DaVinci Resolve, I would be so upset I wouldn't be able to see straight. As it is, this marks the end of my loyalty to Adobe products, once and for all.

Unbelievable I bought the only computer -- touted by many as the Mac-killer for content creators -- with a graphics card that's incompatible with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that this stuttering video and audio affects all Adobe video products, including  Premiere Rush and Premiere Elements. Everything made by Adobe is unusable, but plays perfectly in evey app by every other software company I have on my machine.

C'mon Adobe, fix this ASAP. And then double check that it works.

Though looking through this forum, it doesn't look like it works hardly at all with anything. Appears to be garbage wasting thousands of people's time that rely on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my current system compatibility report, which shows there are no conflicts or issues, including that I have the driver  (OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 451.77 27.21.14.5177) Adobe says will work -- and that no Premiere Pro files play smoothly, video or audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, I finally got it to work!. I uninstalled Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder all AGAIN for the umpteenth time AND the drivers again. Then I ran the CC cleaner tool. Reinstalled the 451.77 driver, then the CC and Premiere, and then just for the hell of it I installed the 451.77 driver again on top of itself -- fired it up and it finally plays , including the 57GB 4k 10-bit 4:2:2 file that spurred me to install Premiere since it won't run on DaVinci Resolve. I've been installing and uninstalling the same things over and over again for three days, including other Nvidia drivers as well. But finally, the drivers that installed on my second try finally worked on the about the 12th installation.

I think, at this point I'm going to buy Resolve Studio for $300 and only use Adobe when absolutely necessary -- and for Lightroom, but if anyone can suggest something they like more than Lightroom for organizing and color correcting images, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the Adobe CC Cleaner. I don't know exactly what worked for me after 3 days of persistence. Neil, in another thread, says it is the CC cleaner that makes all the difference. I won't argue with that. What I did was uninstall the Nvidia drivers completely using the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Nvidia-Drivers. (I had to reboot in Safe Mode to delete some of the folders. They don't mention that.)

Then I attempted to uninstall the Creative Cloud app through Windows control panel, but it wouldn't let me the first time. I think I had Adobe programs still open, so I closed them, tried again and it worked. Then I uninstalled Premiere and Media Encoder through the control panel as well.

Next, I used the Adobe CC cleaner below to completely wipe the Creative Cloud app, then Premiere, then Media Encoder.

Then I installed a clean version of of the Adobe-recommended Nvidia drivers for the G14 (RTX 2060 with Max-Q), found here: 451.77 drivers. 

Next, I installed a new version of Creative Cloud (I left Photoshop, Lightroom, etc., installed).

I logged in and used Creative Cloud to install Premiere PRo and Media Encoder.

Then I installed the same 451.77 drivers again, for good measure.

Rebooted. (I also rebooted a few times prior during the above process.)

Fired up Premiere, and for the first time on this computer it ran without a hiccup.

I hope this helps and saves you a few days of misery.

-chuck

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this computer IS the Mac-killer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it to work. Just to be sure, you had said <<looking through this forum, it doesn't look like it works hardly at all with anything.>> and <<C'mon Adobe, fix this ASAP. And then double check that it works.>>

Just so others don't misunderstand your situation as you did, it was your computer/installation that was the problem, and once installed correctly PP works very well on your machine and for others. Though it would be nice if it didn't require so many hoops for you, which is not typical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I disagree. Premiere is still incompatible with the current graphics card
driver, 452.06, or any other driver for this state of the art card—except
this particular legacy driver. Extreme finickiness with the software,
requiring Byzantine installation that’s not documented, suggested or
acknowledged by Adobe is not the responsibility of the paying end-user of
top-shelf commercial software.

But I’m not here to argue. I’m here to solve problems—and vent a little
until the problem is solved. What I went through was absurd. My persistence
trying the suggestions offered in this forum, and actually a guy on Reddit
suggested the CC cleaner, is the reason Premiere is running on my machine.

Adobe still needs to fix their software, or align with their “partners” at
Nvidia and come up with a solution for current and future drivers and
software. Clearly they’re ignoring all the Nvidia users in this forum that
are unable to use the software they paid for.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines