• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP suddenly won't play

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  Win10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 gigs ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT video card 8 G ram, and suddenly PP won't play.  Preview screen remains blank, no scroll, etc.  I had updated the Radeon driver, so I rolled it back to the last version.  No help there.  Tried resetting preferences and cleared cache – no help.  Rebooted countless times.  Uninstalled and reinstalled PP twice – no help.   I notice the splash screen has changed on PP (version 14.9.0 Build 52) as well, new version?  Anyone else having problems?

More info:  Open project – won’t play.  When I try to exit, PP locks, screen goes black, even task manager won’t come up, except for the restart/shutdown menu,  and the only way to get control of the computer is restart or shutdown.  I can move around in PP, select menus, different windows, save, etc.  but it won’t play and this exit problem is very annoying. 

Searching the forum I found:  “Does it work to switch from GPU Accelerated to Software only? ( File > Project Settings > General )”  I selected Software Only and the project works again – after the exit debacle of saving it, black screen, restart, etc. 

It was set on “GPU accelerated” before on my projects and has been working without incident since 2018.  I'd hate to not use my GPU on the video card from this point on 0 what am I missing?  

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been working on this for hours.  found this (see pdf) in device manager.  Does anyone have any idea of where I can go from here to get rid of Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_0B361002&REV_C1\6&f397dea&0&00000019 requires further installation."  

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, searched web, the forum, etc.  If you have ANY ideas, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines