• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP will no longer import Blackmagic .avi on win 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, Premiere will not import avi-files created and exported in Blackmagic format. Even files I just exported from PP 14.3 is refused, with the message "Unsupported format or damaged file."

I'm editing programs for broadcasting, and have an extensive library of high quality clips, made over the last eight years. Till this spring, I had no problems importing the files. They are captured on PP through a Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 2 as 1080i50 Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2. 

It is not the Apple 64-bit snag, as our computers run win10. And I have installed the latest drivers from Blackmagic; Desktop video 11.5.1.

Any suggestions?

Bjorn Aas

Norway 

Before anybody asks; here are the Mediainfo tree:

General
Complete name : I:\FMTV\Intro Bjørn Aas.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 31.7 GiB
Duration : 5 min 26 s
Overall bit rate : 832 Mb/s
Recorded date : 2020-06-24T22:52:05+02:00
Writing application : Adobe Adobe Media Encoder 2020.0 (Windows)

Video
ID : 0
Format : HDYC
Codec ID : HDYC
Bit rate : 829 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 16.000
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00 / 00:00:00:00
Time code source : Adobe tc_A / Adobe tc_O
Stream size : 31.6 GiB (100%)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : PCM
Format settings : Little / Signed
Codec ID : 1
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 59.8 MiB (0%)
Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration : 1000 ms (24.99 video frames)
Interleave, preload duration : 1000 ms

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who have a suggestion to solve this problem? The deep silence is not reassuring...

Bjorn Aas

Norway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you playback the clip/s in their own player, Media Express? If you have Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.5.1 you should have Media Express installed as well.

If no or if yes, press Win+X and then F and uninstall Blackmagic Desktop Video. Re-start the computer when promted. Then, download Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.5.1 again, unzip it an install it again. Re-boot the computer.

Gick det bedre nu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still refused by Premiere. But the files will open in

- Blackmagic Media Express
- VLC

- Pavtube Video Converter.

The last one saves me, as I can convert the Blackmagic .avi-files to Apple ProRes 422 HQ, so I can avoid quality loss from down- and upconverting the files.

But still I find it annoying that files I export from PP are refused, because it is called "Unsupported format or damaged file". Especially when I have used files in that format for eight years without any problems. 

What happened to Premiere Pro 14.3 (Build 38) that hampers my workflow?

Bjorn Aas

Norway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you upload one short clip that refuses to import for you to let´s say Dropbox, OneDrive and post the link here or send it to me via Private Message? What are the exact export settings used when you export? I can export and import the file using this setting and the RGB option as well. (See the image below)

I believe that there is an local issue, so try to Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues to uninstall Premiere Pro. Restart the computer when done and install Premiere Pro again. You must reinstall Desktop Video again. Re-boot when promted.

Averdahl_0-1594732073798.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines