• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPr 14.4 Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with PPr which may be caused by installing version 14.4 or purging my cache files or something I do not know. On a very large project, I suddenly receive more and more times the following message in French: “La tentative de récursion de substitution d’image s’annule après plusieurs tentatives sur le fichier” and the file name.

In English: Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

I work on a PC and have loaded after the trouble, the latest Windows 10 updates, but without any improvement. The problem is getting worse and worse.

I have on my timeline different files like m2t, move, jpeg, png, but it worked fine before. I did not get any improvement by renaming the project, nor by disabling the CUDA acceleration of my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB card.

I also installed a new Logitech MX Master 2S mouse yesterday with its driver. I then uninstalled it to fix possible incompatibility, but there is no change.

Does anyone know if PPr 14.4 may be causing this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I fixed the problem by reinstalling version 14.3.2. The new version 14.4 is the problem. Thank you Adobe to considere the probleme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have had the same exact problem with M2T files.

I have to add that I first renamed the files of my different cameras using Adobe Bridge.

After going back from 14.4 to 14.3.2., I could eventually solve the problem, once I deleted my rushes of this camera from the computer, and copied them again from the card with their original title (before they were renamed in Bridge). Then at last, the problem was solved.

Any idea, Adobe?  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Hope that Adobe will fix the problem with the next update. But when will they do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay ! And I have a problem with an other Premiere Pro project as well (only with the M2T files) and there, I have no way of fixing it.  :,(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 14.5 and have the same problem as in 14.4. I'll have to go back to 14.3.2. Wish someone could figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your info. I didn't upgrade myself yet and will wait longer. Please Adobe, fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PREMIERE PRO 14.5.0

When opening my project I get the message that all the shots files  are loaded.

And at the same time an alert message saying :  Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

Then it takes more than 10 minutes to have my shots accessible from my project timeline.

Will ADOBE solve this nasty problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem suddenly last week.  Dozens of files had this error message.  4 weeks prior I was working on the same project with no problems whatsoever.  

SOLUTION (for me):  

I noticed that every .MPEG file that was causing an error also had a corresponding .XMP file in the folder.

Example:

myfile.mpeg
myfile.xmp

I renamed the .xmp file to something else, then loaded my premiere project and I got none of the "Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file" errors.

Since I have dozens and dozens of these files, I searched through all my folders and basically moved all the .xmp files to a new sub-folder. The project loaded fine after that.

Why was this NOT a problem 4 weeks ago? I have no idea. I believe the .xmp file was created by Adobe Premiere because my .mpeg files had dates of 2010. The .xmp files had dates of 2013.

At least I figured out the problem. It only took me a week or so of down time. I'm posting this here so somebody hopefully will find this if they are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you BigB801, I would try your solution next time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines