• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPro freezes in remote desktop session

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using PPro in a remote desktop session it suddenly freezes when switching the windows in the task bar. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a remote desktop session to a remote host
  2. Start Premiere Pro 13.1.5 (Build 47)
  3. Create a new project
  4. Generate the color bars clip and drag it to the timeline
  5. Switch a couple of times between PPro and an other window by clicking the icons on the taskbar
  6. PPro freezes

By the way: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (1903).

Can anybody reproduce this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can reproduce this. This happens to me every time I try to use PP over RDP on my Windows 10 machine to another Windows 10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to reach the Adobe Chat Support and they claim "when it works on a PC that you use locally", we have no issue here. So they are not interested in fixing this issue. This is the complete opposite of customer obsession.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/known-issues.html

Issue: Remote desktop access of Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder with Windows 10 version 1903 can hang when focus is changed.
Workaround: A) Do not use remote desktop OR B) set Remote Desktop Audio preference to “no audio”. This option results in no audio being heard through the Remote Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having major issues with this. In a time where remote desktop is a must. I wish Adobe would prioritize!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.  This must get sorted ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voice your opinion here, where the Adobe engineers read each thread:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow.  I wonder if this is what I've been dealing with for a while not 100% sure.  Thought it was NeatVideo but maybe it's this.  I always remote into my encoding server to start encodes.  If I remote in and start an encode and STAY in the remote desktop session the whole time, encoding thru Premiere or Media Encoder is fine.  If I exit remote desktop and even remote back in it hangs.  Now here's the thing, it's not hung.  Video is still encoding.  Drive space is still decreasing.  Video eventually finishes encoding and you see the final file change from 0 bytes to it's actual size.  But the apps never come back.  I have to kill them.

So is it a change in video resolution during encoding for me vs actual use no clue.

Also notice when I'm in premiere and prepare to Export and click Queue Media Encoder loads but them Premiere starts a spinner on the screen.

A lot of stuff seems to point to Remote Desktop but for me have so many changes.  Went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 to use 2019/2020 editions.  Then went from creating WMV content to HEVC in MKV and from 1080p to 4k content.  Then tried so many varients of Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020 to get around this and in the end may be this?  So I saw the above bug note from Adobe but never heard if disabling audio? helps.  That said, hear others say to use a VNC client instead.  So after my current encode finishes may try RealVNC server and client even though it's a process inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just forget about RDP for video/audio/graphic work as advised here:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40167358-fix-premiere-pro-n...
RDP is made for remote support of windows machines and terminal work, nothing else. Pick proper tool for the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I supervise clients working in premiere using zoom and teamviewer.  Not ideal but it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a team of 20+ CG artists and animators using VPN and Windows Remote Desktop which is a perfect free tool. We use mix of 3D software and Adobe suite.  Since disabling audio on the workstation Premiere works fine without crash. Would just be good to understand why it's not possible to fix... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not perfect and it is not free 🙂 just come bundled with Windows.
Most problems related to RDP are not possible to be fixed becasue of RDP protocol itself. Which does not use your local PC hardware and copy content to the other side but create virtual video/audio devices. This virtual devices are with very limited functionality especially from Direct3D and OpenGL perspective. 
So if you need to be able to work at full speed as on your workstation you need to use something like VNC which has few versions completely free, and will work secured over VPN.
Of course other software solutions are not completely trouble free but at least they are not trying to run everything over virtual console as RDP does.
And as already advised you have very good choice from free and paid remote access apps which are made exactly for this task.

-

BTW when you have troubles with sound you can try to use option play sound on remote computer. This need to remove every stress over adobe apps from switching audio adapters on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines