Highlighted

PPro freezing while using JKL on fullscreen playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having quite a lot of trouble while scrubbing through my timeline when it's in fullscreen playback mode. Whenever I try to press the J or L keyboard more than once for a faster scrub speed in fullscreen mode, my display freezes while audio keeps running. This does not happen when I don't have the fullscreen mode enabled though. And once 

the display freezes, I'm unable to pause the audio or even force quit Premeire thereby resorting to forced shut down of my mac. Can anyone please suggest what's going wrong with my approach?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PPro freezing while using JKL on fullscreen playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having quite a lot of trouble while scrubbing through my timeline when it's in fullscreen playback mode. Whenever I try to press the J or L keyboard more than once for a faster scrub speed in fullscreen mode, my display freezes while audio keeps running. This does not happen when I don't have the fullscreen mode enabled though. And once 

the display freezes, I'm unable to pause the audio or even force quit Premeire thereby resorting to forced shut down of my mac. Can anyone please suggest what's going wrong with my approach?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

and your source properties and sequence settings.  What color is the line at above the tracks in your timeline?  Here's an explanation of what the color of that line means

https://library.creativecow.net/helmly_dave/what_premiere_pro_is_trying_to_tell_you_about_performanc...

and just wondering if your screen preferences is set to the default resolution.  Thinking that if premiere/os has to scale when full screen, there might be some issues...  just a shot in the dark.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
ShouBan LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere version:14.2

RAM: 8GB

Graphics card:Nvdia Geforce GT 750M 1GB

Sequence settings:

IMG_20200825_070226__01.jpg

 Source settings:

IMG_20200825_070232__01__01.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es un problema bastante frecuente
Deberias probar con los sisguiente (asumiendo que tengas buena tajeta de video y suficiente memoria RAM)

Vaciar cache de medios
Reiniciar el Software a su instalacions de fabrica (CTRL + ALT + SHIFT mientras ejecutas el programa)
Renderizar el video antes de la previsualizacion
Bajar la calidad de reprodccion del video a 1/2 o 1/4 si es necesario
Saludos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1