Highlighted

PPro will not output audio

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I awoke this morning to find that I could no longer hear any audio coming from PPro.

I attempted to troubleshoot on my own for about 6 hours with no luck.

I don't believe there are any Mac OS updates that were installed overnight so unclear what the inciting incident was. I see levels in the audio meters but cannot hear the audio. I am not muted or solo'd anywhere, and it's the same for any project I open, existing or brand new. No audio from program or source monitors. All the media is fine.

I attempted multiple restarts. I checked audio hardware output mapping, tried outputting to Mac speakers, monitor speakers, Bluetooth headphones, matching and unmatching with system audio. I uninstalled my virtual audio device which had never interfered before. I uninstalled all my NDI tools.

I was on PPro 2020 v13.(15? I think), so I updated to 2020 v14.4, but still couldn't hear audio. I tried PPro 2019, the same problem with an additional problem that playing back media was accelerated; A 10 minutes clip flies through in 3 seconds and there was nothing to slow it. I uninstalled all PPro versions and reinstalled 2020 v14.4, still couldn't hear audio.

I can hear audio fine in After Effects and Audition. My intuition says driver related but not sure how to manage adobe drivers for Mac OS Catalina.

System Info
15-inch, 2019 MacBook Pro

2.3 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400mhz DDR4 RAM

500gb SSD, 128.7gb free

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB GFX

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536mb

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PPro will not output audio

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I awoke this morning to find that I could no longer hear any audio coming from PPro.

I attempted to troubleshoot on my own for about 6 hours with no luck.

I don't believe there are any Mac OS updates that were installed overnight so unclear what the inciting incident was. I see levels in the audio meters but cannot hear the audio. I am not muted or solo'd anywhere, and it's the same for any project I open, existing or brand new. No audio from program or source monitors. All the media is fine.

I attempted multiple restarts. I checked audio hardware output mapping, tried outputting to Mac speakers, monitor speakers, Bluetooth headphones, matching and unmatching with system audio. I uninstalled my virtual audio device which had never interfered before. I uninstalled all my NDI tools.

I was on PPro 2020 v13.(15? I think), so I updated to 2020 v14.4, but still couldn't hear audio. I tried PPro 2019, the same problem with an additional problem that playing back media was accelerated; A 10 minutes clip flies through in 3 seconds and there was nothing to slow it. I uninstalled all PPro versions and reinstalled 2020 v14.4, still couldn't hear audio.

I can hear audio fine in After Effects and Audition. My intuition says driver related but not sure how to manage adobe drivers for Mac OS Catalina.

System Info
15-inch, 2019 MacBook Pro

2.3 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400mhz DDR4 RAM

500gb SSD, 128.7gb free

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB GFX

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536mb

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
KDaily LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, this can be closed. Writing that exhaustive list down pushed me to check menus again. I never looked at Preferences > Playback settings, where somehow my audio device got changed to NDI output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 1