• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre installed LUT's gone!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just updated my Premiere Pro and everything looked great until I noticed that all my preinstalled LUT's where gone. All my projects with the LUT's applied now look like crap. The colors are messed up totally. And even when I reinstall the LUT's the colors are messed up...

This is not good since I was in the finishing stages of a 2-hour documentary where I had color graded all the clips. Now its gone

Is this the way its supposed to be? Any fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

The problems you are experiencing are caused by tampering with the LUTs within the application package - please do not do this - it's not a recommended or supported workflow.  I know there are a lot of very official looking tutorials out there that tell you to do this, but that information is wrong.  The safest way to proceed at this point is to completely reinstall PPro and AME so the LUT directories are restored to their default state as intended by our engineers.  You should then install your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems you are experiencing are caused by tampering with the LUTs within the application package - please do not do this - it's not a recommended or supported workflow.  I know there are a lot of very official looking tutorials out there that tell you to do this, but that information is wrong.  The safest way to proceed at this point is to completely reinstall PPro and AME so the LUT directories are restored to their default state as intended by our engineers.  You should then install your custom LUTs according to the directions below.  You will then need to remove all LUTs from your project and reapply them.  I know this is inconvenient, but it really is the safest way to make certain your project will render as intended.

If you are using several custom LUTs and want them to show up in the Lumetri dropdown menus we have a solution which was introduced earlier this year (2018 - version 12.1).  You can install your LUTs into a specific folder in your user library and Lumetri will scan them in. Here are steps to set that up.

Mac

1. From the finder, use the Go menu to navigate to this directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/
  2. Create a folder named LUTs
  3. Create two more folders inside the LUTs folder: Technical and Creative
  4. Copy technical conversion LUTs (often called camera LUTs) such as LOG to Rec709 into the Technical folder
  5. Copy creative LUTs such as day-for-night, B&W, or anything that is just a stylistic look into the Creative folder
  6. Restart PPro
  7. Technical LUTs show up in the Input LUT dropdown inside the Basic section in Lumetri
  8. Creative LUTs show up in the Look dropdown inside the Creative section in Lumetri

Windows equivalent directories:

~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative

This is a convenient and easy way to add as many LUTs as you like to the Lumetri dropdown menus and this will persist through updates - unless of course you delete or change this directory.

P.S. This is a good example of why not to update any software in the middle of a project, especially in the home-stretch.  I've been there myself.  I feel your pain.  I wish I had better news for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the new LUT location - only problem with this is that now you can no longer click through LUTs within the preview window in Lumetri except from the very first one. So if you have say 100 LUTS and you click through 90 of them, choose that one, but then change your mind and want to compare it to the other LUTs around the 90th in your list, only way to get back there is to click 90 times through. Already made a thread about this, but thought I'd mention it again because its seriously hurting the workflow. I now rely on DaVinci Resolve to Preview LUTs - should probably just fully color there too because its just a better program for Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam facing the same problem. Its a shame this issue about Media Encoder LUT. This problem lasts more than 5 years at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please create a new thread, and list in details the problem you're having with LUTs.

And include where you're storing and accessing them from on your computer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines