• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-Rendering Neat Video Effects is a waste of time?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Neat Video for Premiere Pro because I was told it was faster at denoising than AE and it was. The issue is, the day before yesterday I rendered the selected clips that had Neat Video applied and everything looked great afterward, it all played through smoothly in the timeline with noise reduction applied. But when I exported the final video the next day after a few minor additions it still took 5+ hours to render as if it was rendering the effects again...

All my clips with Neat Video applied were still green in the timeline when I exported... I would have thought that the video would export in a matter of minutes as it normally does without having to render denoising. Did I do something wrong or is it a Neat Video bug??

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

The only time rendering your timeline is useful is when your export codec is the same as your preview codec and Use Previews is checked in the Export Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time rendering your timeline is useful is when your export codec is the same as your preview codec and Use Previews is checked in the Export Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've applied Neat or any other noise reduction app and it's processed a clip, any other change you make requires the app to redo the processing.

So ... when you apply video noise reduction, you basically need to do a render/replace operation for that clip. Then the noise reduction process is finished for that clip. It will not need to re-do the analyzation as it's been used to essentially transcode to a new "clean" clip.

You can always "restore un-rendered" back to the original media if for some reason you need to do so. But I rarely need to. And this way, you do this once and it's done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, since you are new to NV, check this guide about optimizing performance: https://youtu.be/XmzTYE5wSSk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also this, order of filters does matter: https://youtu.be/7VT6BK15wAA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting but initial question was more about preview files not being used in export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines