• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precise position of razor cut

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the razor, the cut automatically snaps to some kind of hidden point.  How do I cut in between these points?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

If I want to get very precise edits here one way I do it.

I change my timeline to "Show Audio Time Units" by right-clicking the top of your timeline and pulling down to "Show Audio Time Units" (see reference below)

timeunits.gif

Then I place my CTI (the blue triangle and line) precisely where I want my cut to happen and instead of using the Razor Blade tool I use the keyboard shortcut Command+K to make a cut along the CTI.

I also zoom in on my sequence by activating the timeline panel and using the + and - keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Razor cut will always cut on a frame for video.

If you have audio units selects and cutting audio it will cut at 1/48000 of a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to get very precise edits here one way I do it.

I change my timeline to "Show Audio Time Units" by right-clicking the top of your timeline and pulling down to "Show Audio Time Units" (see reference below)

timeunits.gif

Then I place my CTI (the blue triangle and line) precisely where I want my cut to happen and instead of using the Razor Blade tool I use the keyboard shortcut Command+K to make a cut along the CTI.

I also zoom in on my sequence by activating the timeline panel and using the + and - keys.

BUT REMEMBER... Premiere doesn't let you cut or split a half of a frame of video. If you are placing your cut between video frames it's going jump to the next closest spot where a frame ends or a frame begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue, I have the playhead or CTI in the correct position but if I Contral+K or razor tool it cuts it in a spot close to but not where I need the cut. 

I'm sure somewhere my preferences aren't right. I have Show Audio Time Unit on so not sure why it's happening. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann and gerikp.  This answered my question but did not solve the problem.  I will just have to live with it.  Not the worst thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines