Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prem Pro 15.1 on Windows - Cannot Play ANY video formats

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can assist. I have had CC for years and use Prem Pro many times on an iMac.

I now do not have access to this machine and a freind has givem me an Alienware laptop which is great for Photoshop and everything else I need to do.

I have been asked to produce a video project. I have not used Prem Pro on this Windows 10 laptop until today. I have just upgraded to latest Prem Pro v15.1 today.

I started a new Project. I needed to use OBS Studio to do some screen recording.

I remuxed this file into MP4 - its only one min long.

I started Prem Pro for the Very First Time on this machine.

I imported the MP4 into Prem Pro and could see the clips' preview fine in the Project Panel

I clicked on this to see this in the Source Monitor and hit the space bar - Nothing played?

I tried to press the play button - nothing played?

I opened Media Encoder and exported it under an HD codec for Facebook, just to test if it was the file I had recorded (the original MP4 file had already played in the default video player in Windows 10 and in VBLC Media Player).

I deleted the other clips from project window.

I added the new MP4 file I had just exported from Media Encoder.

I could see it's preview in the Project pane fine.

I tried to play in Source Monitor AND dragged it to the time line - Nothing plays, nothing at all??

Final test: I imported a video from last year I had made - all as above, preview in Project window looks fine but NO Playback in timeline nor in preview - None whatsoever 😞

I am SO confused and really worried as this laptop is all I have to work on and I need to get this project done pretty quickly (and many other up-coming vodeos)

Here is my system spec:

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
Video card info: AMD Radeon HD8970M

Windows-Screenshot.png

If Anyone can assist me I would be most grateful 😕

Thank you

Brian

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Premiere is not Photoshop.

Your machine is 7 years old and in computer land that is old.

Might want to have a look at Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements 

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I have just noticed too that every time I close PP it freezes. I have to open Task Mngr where PremPro reads 'Not Responding' and end task? 😞

*sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is not Photoshop.

Your machine is 7 years old and in computer land that is old.

Might want to have a look at Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements 

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

It may be slightly older than most.. but the old imac I had was a 2010 machine with not as much RAM as this laptop and Prem Pro ran fine on that for years, right up until very recently before I couldn't get access to it any more.

I understand PS isn't  PP.

Ive checked the link above, the Laptop meets all these.

The last video I mentioned was exported from handbrake (the one I did from a collection from last year) and it won't play this. The Playhead just doesn't move, not at all?

Any more ideas please?

Thnks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok My Apologies, feel like an eedyot now! 😕

Opened the video in hanbrake, set it 'properly' (the OBS framerate was 60fps) Xported, launched PP and everything seems fine!?

Thanks Ann, I wouldn't have re-checked it if you hadn't have mentioned it 🙂

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines