• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premeire crashing (what's new?) - Well it's a full system crash without a post

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm running Windows 10 and I've updated all of my drivers (more recently the software) and I've been running into a complete system crash. No error, nothing. The computer will just freeze (sound will continue playing) and I'm forced to do a hard reset. CTRL+ALT+DELETE does nothing, and this issue only happens when I do something in premeire, it could be moving a layer or scrubbing through sound, anything really. It only seems to happen when I have premeire open. 

I thought this could be an issue with my hardware, but a work colleague of mine is having the exact same issue with a similar speced build (both running Ryzen processors if that helps?)

Specs below:

- Ryzen 9 3900X CPU

- RTX 2060 OC Edition GPU

- 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz RAM

- MSI x570 Wifi Edition MOBO

-850W Gold Corsair PSU

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for more data, what media are you working with, and what effects? What are you doing when it freezes?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Just working with basic MP4 footage filmed on a mobile or similar with quite a bit of dyanmic linked After Effects over the top of the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true for me, I have an RTX 2060. I found a temporary solution, in video rendering and playback, disable GPU acceleration (CUDA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try either a new GPU driver or rolling back one? Some users are having trouble with the Game drivers, and need to use the Studio versions of the Nvidia GPU drivers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will go back to the 12/15/2020 version to see if it resolves until a recent and unstable driver is released

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'll try this and I'll install the studio driver as suggested below, see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER, and it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines