• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier and iMac heading for the bin - Memory Leak

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro Memory Leak and then crashes the iMac. This also happens on my MBP. So must be something funny with OS. So yesterday took the plunge reinstalled a clean version of BigSur. Re-installed clean version of Cloud CC. A clean version of Office. AND the memory leak is still there. OMG. What to do? Apple says it must be Adode, Adobe says it must be Apple. What a mess. Talked to both companies. (Apple tried harder! quite impressed by their support)

Could the new install be somehow syncing something as this is occurring on two separate machines?

Thank god I have a Windows machine..

What to do? any suggestions? I feel like I'm working at GBNews with all the technical issues LOL.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So more information. After a clean install of BigSur and Premier 15.2 talked to support. He said some Macs have this problem. Didn't know why and had I thought about buying a new Mac!!!!  Must work for Apple LOL.

Anyway now escalated awaiting a call from the senior support engineer.

In the meantime, V14.7 installed and runs perfectly, with no memory leaks. Just sits a 1.53GB. No swap file etc

Same machine

V15.2 About to crash running out of application memory. Physical Memory 32GB, Mem Used 30 GB and going up heading for a crash. Cached 2.98GB and Swap Used 28GB and going up.

Awaiting the big fob off. Its Apples Fault its Your machine its its its........ A bug in Premier!!!!!

What I'm least expecting: Here's a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, Adobe escalated the issue and a brilliant support engineer was on the phone for an hour last night. Seems they are aware of the issue on some macs. Hopefully a fix in the next revision which is great news.

Did ask me to remove three of the 8GB memory modules to see if that makes a difference. Checking that later! We also opened another fresh profile, this is after a clean install of the OS and fresh install off CC. While testing, a memory leak didn't appear. However, uses about 3GB of the swap file while 14.7 doesn't, interesting.

What was impressive he didn't wash his hands of it he agreed that there is a problem on some machines with conflict with the OS and that Adobe is working on it., Hopefully, a resolution is coming. I'll keep paying my subscription then LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines