Premier Deleted all my saved work

New Here ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I’ve recently downloaded the trial of Premier pro 2019 on my other laptop and when I tried to sign in with my account alllllll my saved work on my other computer had been removed from my recents work and from my drive (I’m using premier pro 2018) is there a way I could fix this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing related to the Adobe sign-in process that would delete files from your hard drive. Are you sure you haven't moved these files? On an external drive, or anything like that?

Your CC account allows you to be signed into two machines at once.

A new version won't necessarily see the "Recent" files from the previous version (depending on the options you choose on install), and a different machine definitely won't see things your other machine was working on.

Are you relying only on Premiere's home screen to find your existing files, or you're saying they're missing from your file browser as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess they are missing from my file browser as well. I looked thru every

folder but they were nowhere to be found

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your file system set (as is often the "default" case) to not show "hidden/system" files? If so,  and Premiere put them in a folder that is "hidden" ... then you wouldn't see them even in a search.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, logging into your Creative Cloud account and so forth does not delete Premiere Pro project files nor the source footage used in a project file.

A project file gets deleted in Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac OS) by browsing to the Premiere Pro project file, selecting it (a project file has a .prproj filename extension) and then deleting it.

It sounds like you're using the Start screen in Premiere Pro CC2018  to open recent projects.  Either it's been reset somehow or it's set to show something other than Recent.  In Premiere Pro CC2019, this was renamed to be the Home screen.  As obvious as this might sound, double-check that you're viewing "Recent" and not "CC Files" or "Sync Settings" or "Learn".

If you're using File > Open Recent, that should only get reset by a reinstall or by deleting the preferences.

The next thing to try would be to search your computer for ".prproj" files.  If you didn't change the location, they'll be in the Adobe folder that's inside your Documents folder.  If you weren't giving the project files discrete names, look for "Untitled" as well.

Also, look for folders with the following names to locate where your Scratch Disks were set:

• Adobe Premiere Pro Audio Previews
  • Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save
  • Adobe Premiere Pro Captured Audio
  • Adobe Premiere Pro Captured Video

(The last two folders will on exist if you captured video or audio.)

-Warren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me also?!!?

PP 14.3.2I LUCKILY had prem open at the time and was able to save the current project, but its wiped all saves and all the autosaves also?!

This is an INSANE bug that could have cost me thousands! It needs addressing ASAP! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!  

The so called " Professionals " do not seem to get it ... AT ALL !!!! 

One day I was working along with all of my files in tact. 2 days later I open Premiere Pro and ALL of my recent files are gone from the opening page in Premiere and upon searching my drive where all of my projects and video files are  ... they are also gone from my file folders.

Same computer ... no files touched in between sessions.

The raw video files are still there but I have lost Project files with hundreds of hours of editing in them.

This seems to be a problem with Adobe trying to control how we store our files. 

I do not want them stored on their cloud. I want them stored safely on my computer ... without Adobe touching them ... but this does not seem to be in Adobe's plan to dominate the world.

Is Adobe going restore these files and/or compensate us for all of this lost work???? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an in depth search for the project files on all my drives and I found them. Not where I thought they should be. But they are there on a back up drive. Phew! Moved back into place. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines