Premier Encoding

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I have a Project which is Chromakey but with my system is very slow it takes about 2 hours 

but with another system, it takes only 30 minutes. here is my workflow :

I sync and Cuts and do other things then for key I replace the video with after effects composition 

also in after effects, there are some loop animation and denoising,  key the video with keylight and back to premier for render that I render in Media Encoder.

With this way, the project in my system takes 2 hours long but in another system only 30 minutes

I Should mention that my system does not use GPU but the other sysem use GPU

MY SYSTEM CONFIGURATION : 

I7 9900K , 64GB , Nvidia 1660 GTX , 250 GB Samsung M2 SSD

SECOND SYSTEM  : 

I5 - 10600K 32GB RTX 2060 250 GB Samsung M2 SSD

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premier Encoding

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I have a Project which is Chromakey but with my system is very slow it takes about 2 hours 

but with another system, it takes only 30 minutes. here is my workflow :

I sync and Cuts and do other things then for key I replace the video with after effects composition 

also in after effects, there are some loop animation and denoising,  key the video with keylight and back to premier for render that I render in Media Encoder.

With this way, the project in my system takes 2 hours long but in another system only 30 minutes

I Should mention that my system does not use GPU but the other sysem use GPU

MY SYSTEM CONFIGURATION : 

I7 9900K , 64GB , Nvidia 1660 GTX , 250 GB Samsung M2 SSD

SECOND SYSTEM  : 

I5 - 10600K 32GB RTX 2060 250 GB Samsung M2 SSD

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how Premiere Pro is set up you can get different results. The video below might be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU&feature=emb_logo

This video demonstrates how to enable GPU acceleration and GPU encoding and decoding. It also shows how to enable Intel's Quick Sync.RTX 2070 https://amzn.to...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this video, my setup is exactly it is and everything works like  that video

My first solution for using GPU was, we have to use  Windows for Workstation while in other versions of windows, Premier only used CPU rendering.

but right now in the export setting hardware encoding is gray and software encoding is using. also, he shows Nvidia encoding in media preference is checked and he can use hardware encoding, for me right now is unavailable and I don't know why.

here is a picture that shows hardware encoding is disabled1.png2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two more things are when intel is selected, hardware encoding is not available.

sometimes it uses GPU and Cpu rarely used but suddenly Premier switch to CPU and uses 100% of CPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you cannot use Intel for encoding. It should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try a clean reinstallation of your GPU drivers? What is the version of your drivers for the Intel CPU/GPU? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

My GPU driver is: 26.21.14.3200 / Intel GPU 27.20.100.8681 / CPU 10.0.19041.546

2 days ago I installed a new version of Windows ( Windows for Workstation ). 

In the OP I mentioned my CPU is i7 but it is i9

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the newest version of Premiere Pro? Mine is a few versions old. Maybe there is a bug. I will upgrade soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not rely on Microsoft Update to keep your system's graphics drivers up to date. The latest WHQL Game Ready driver has a version number that's past 460, while the latest Studio Driver is version 457.30. Your installed driver version for the Nvidia GPU is now too old for newer versions of Premiere Pro, which now require driver version 451.77 or higher in order to run properly. (By the way, driver version 432.00 has never been officially released on the Nvidia Web site - but rather, it is the default driver version that is installed after a clean Windows install or reinstall, and after you go through Microsoft Update trying to update security fixes for Windows itself.)

As for the Intel driver, any version above 27.20.100.8476 has broken QuickSync decoding with a discrete GPU installed. All official versions of Premiere Pro have not yet been updated sufficiently for the changes, resulting in QuickSync effectively being disabled. This is being addressed.

Also, that GTX 1660 is much less powerful than the RTX 2060: The non-Super/non-Ti GTX 1660 uses rather lousy GDDR5 VRAM with a throughput of only 192 GB/s - barely any more powerful than the cheaper GTX 1650 SUPER to justify its significantly higher price. The RTX 2060 uses GDDR6 VRAM with a throughput of 336 GB/s.

So why did you put the less powerful GPU with the more powerful CPU in the first place, if you are using two custom-built PCs? (Hint: The i9-9900K is actually more powerful than the i5-10600K no matter what.) That doesn't make any sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Mahdikkm LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I tasted that project on another system to find out why my system with this configuration is too slow. 

In this Company that I work, we have 10 PC that is the same configuration as mine which on all of those renderers takes about 2 hours.

I found a solution that was installing windows for workstations that use the maximum power of the system and balancing use between GPU and CPU and use more GPU instead of CPU.  after reinstalling windows the project rendered only in 10 minutes instead of 2 hours. about driver version that was installed with windows update. right now all my renders end under 5 to 10 minutes with after composition in premier and many effects, which is very good. 

I know RTX is very powerful but all my renders take about 2 hours before reinstalling. that was my solution. only my problem is hardware encoding that based on your said I have to wait for  Premier Pro update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0