Premier Pro 15.1 is a disaster

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't just be me. Im running Premier Pro version 15.1 on a mac. Im not having any computer performance issues so dont jump to that. I have a 16in 2020 mac with 32gb ram 2.4ghz processing power. 

I've had to reboot PP at least 4-5 times in a 5hr editing window to resolve issues. Usually fixing it but then they come back and I have to reboot again. It's hard for me to make a list of issues because it seems like its everything. Invisible keyframes, Essential graphics not rendering, entire timeline freezing but audio and scrolling is still possible, Lumetri color grading effects dissapearing until I reboot PP. It seems like the only places I've not been having issues is with simnple tasking like trimming and splicing. Audio has been fine for me. No issues there. I unistalled it and reinstalled it too. I'm just going to unitstall and download the 15.0 version. Adobe needs to fix these things or I'm definitely switching to Davicii Resolve. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, really, how some systems can be so screwed up? It's running fine on my PC. And the 'traffic' here on the forum is relatively light considering past traffic, so ... it's not like 'everyone' is getting this much trouble.

Which gets us back to the old process of troubleshooting why your rig is having such an issue ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very frusrtrating...I had so many issues with version 14 I almost gave up on Premiere, but 15 has been good to me.

I presume you've done the usual steps:

reset prefs and media caches,

un-install plug-ins,

create new sequences and projects, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines