• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2017 performance issues with certain windows open

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add my voice to the PP 2017 performance issues and would be interested to see if anyone else is suffering the same issues.

I have found that having certain windows open slows editing performance considerably. Effects controls, Library, Audio Clip Mixer, Metadata and Info are the worst offenders. They don't even have to be visible, just having them in my workspace impacts performance.

To test that this is a PP 2017 issue, I rolled back to PP 2015.3 and opened fairly modest project - smooth as silk when scrubbing and editing with the previously mentioned windows opened.

Upgraded to PP 2017 and opened the same project and sure enough choppy and laggy performance. Closed all windows accept for project, timeline and source / program windows and it was almost as responsive at PP 2015.3 with all the windows open.

I would just stick with PP 2015.3 but I have already converted and edited a couple of projects that are ongoing.

I'm running Windows 10, GTX 1050ti, 32gb ram and 3 x SSD HDD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not see than here on my two Windows 10 systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certainly seeing reduced scrubbing performance (at any quality setting) in CC2017 compared to the same vision in 2015-2 (2015-4 was horrendous so we didn't even move to that iteration).

I'm on an iMac i7 32GB RAM.

Matthew P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to change my answer.  I just installed a GTX 1070 and now the performance in 2017.0.1 slows to a crawl whenever the Lumetri Scopes window is open, even if it's not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed a 1050ti just before the update - could the problem be with this series of GPUs?

Checking for driver update now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines