• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2020 - Cannot use Add Frame Hold

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to Premier Pro 2020 (version 14.0.0) and tried to add a frame Hold and then insert the frame hold while editing a project... nothing happened.. I searched blogs, internet sources, etc and nothing came up... I ended up having to revert to my Premier Pro 2018 to finish the project which worked as expected. I then compared the settings I used in the 2018 version to those in the 2020 version and they are exactly the same... Anyone else see this? At this point, I can't use the 2020 version so, not very happy at all...

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

As a workaround, use a frame grab of the frame instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Never used Frame Hold in my life. Click the CAMERA icon under Program window to grab current frame. There is a checkbox to Add to Current Project, so grabbed image is readily available and you don't need to find/import. Just one click to grab the frame then drag to timeline and make whatever length you need, works great

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, use a frame grab of the frame instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob... So, I am assuming you mean copy the frame and then paste it back in... So, that did work. So, since I am just starting to use 2020, I am wondering what other features are not working...

Anyway, thanks for thee tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround. And like you said, it is a workaround and should not be marked as "correct answer".

We should not give credit to Adobe when they don´t deserve it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used Frame Hold in my life. Click the CAMERA icon under Program window to grab current frame. There is a checkbox to Add to Current Project, so grabbed image is readily available and you don't need to find/import. Just one click to grab the frame then drag to timeline and make whatever length you need, works great

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.. Also a really good tip[! The benefit of using Frame Hold was, I could simply grab the frame at the point I was at in the timeline by a simple right click.. so, "Hold Frame" then insert frame at the same place in time. Sometimes the length of the hold was all I needed or a simple resize did the trick. Using the camara to capture the frame works great but I still need to then drag the frame to my timeline and then resize.. So, definitely works and does provide another alternative. Really wish the Hold Frame worked since it's what I have been using that method for quite a while  😞 

Thanks again for the suggestion!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to provide a bit of closure here.. I've been using the camera technique for my latest project and I have to say - "LOVE IT"!!!

Thanks again, Jeff! Great tip!!!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame Hold works for me. Use it quite a lot. No framgrab clutter.

Beware Frame Hold does not work with Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, I've been searching for the last 45 minutes why all of the frame hold options were giving me a black frame regardless of what I did, would be nice to have an error message or something like when you try to apply time/duration to a warp stabilized clip but I guess what can you do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am crazy angry that Adobe did not just remove the frame hold capacity from this release instead of having it presnt as an option but is NON-FUNCTIONAL. I have used this forever and spent days trying to redo what this function use to do in minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. To solve this, first I clic on 'Frame Old Options" first then "OK" then I add the frame old. It works... may be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue v15.1.0 (Build 48).  I had to do the same as mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and it adds a frame hold of a shot that isn't even used in the timeline. Can't find any way to add a workable frame hold. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Mac Premiere Pro 23.2. Finally figured out the solution to this:

The timeline cursor / playhead has to be at the START of the clip you want to 'frame-hold'. NOT where you made the edit at the end of the frame you want held. I've been having this issue for years; and finally decided to take the time to figure it out. Simple, yet stupid.

For those who advocated for the 'export-frame' method (camera icon): yes, this works (I use it all the time) - as long as you're handling the entire edit. If you're handing this off to another editor / suite (think offline to online), the 'hold-frame' works best becaue you don't need to send the additional image files that they will need for the relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines