Highlighted

Premier Pro 2020 - super slow rendering and generally laggy timeline

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I recently updated to Premier Pro 2020 and am having significant issues with a hugely laggy timeline (basically no playback if any simple FX added), then why trying a render to solve the issues the process takes a crazy amount of time (what would have been 2-5 mins in PP 19, is 45mins +) to render.

I am running a Macbook Pro, 2.7 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16GB, Intel Irus Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB.  MacOS10.5.2

Any dieas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premier Pro 2020 - super slow rendering and generally laggy timeline

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I recently updated to Premier Pro 2020 and am having significant issues with a hugely laggy timeline (basically no playback if any simple FX added), then why trying a render to solve the issues the process takes a crazy amount of time (what would have been 2-5 mins in PP 19, is 45mins +) to render.

I am running a Macbook Pro, 2.7 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16GB, Intel Irus Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB.  MacOS10.5.2

Any dieas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to cc2019...   Try creating a new user with administrative privleges in the mac systempreferences:  users and groups.   Other programs can cause issues and sometimes the only way to determine what's going on is to start from scratch.  Do a clean install of the Operating System and then just install CC2020.   If it's working properly start adding back your other programs and keep testing how premiere works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this..

A little update to my problem.  I went back to Premier Pro 2019 to see if that would solve the issue.  

The answer was - initially I thought so but as I got into the project I am seeing very similar issues (albeit not as bad) as with PP20.  I am rendering at the moment - a simple slide show with 100 photos and it is telling me the render time is 2 hours (but after 1 hour has not even passed half way..)

Does this provide any further light?

Could something I have done on some other program / update/ install be causing this?  How can I tell??

Thanks in advance 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am having the same issue.

My System:
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6Ghz
RAM 32 GB
Samsung 860 Evo
NVIDIA RTX 2060
Windows 10 64 Bit

Editing
MPEG Movie
Image Size: 1280 x 720
Frame Rate: 30,00
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

And it's lagging like hell. My CPU goes over 90° Celcius by just playing back the timeline. I had no issues with the 2019 Version, but I needed some new plugins which only run in 2020.

Been using Adobe for quite some time now, always the same issues after updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CPU goes over 90° Celcius

That does not sound right: cooling issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to 2020 and noticed everything that was mentioned here in the forums. I attempted with much failure to do a do a new project in 2020 and noticed my production time quadrupled where doing the same job in 2019 took way less time. All I see in this forum is empty cache, change audio hardware settings, use Handbrake, get a faster computer etc etc. Even the Adobe guy is writing this? I didn't need this when working in CC2019 why all of sudden do I need it in 2020. Has this issue been solved? and yes I updated to the latest 2020 version and cleared cache and did all that was said here. The only way I can work is constantly rendering my timeline. this is unacceptable. It's my livelihood.

For anyone that needs it, I found a project downgrader convertor and am able to work back in 2019 version. My project opens up with no issues and everything is back to normal. I'll be using this until this gets resolved.

http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you say you've seen "everything"  mentioned in the forum about this sort of problem but you failed to notice that the universal first question asked when people post these kind of questions is to please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.   When you upgrade a program, the new version may make greater demands on your system.   If you gave us some of this information, we might have been able to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened to Premiere Pro - the change of windows/layout, the titles crashing - not user friendly anymore, and the lagg - really disappointed! 

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,4

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is way underpowered to properly use 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue with PP2020. It's impossible to get work done. I have a new iMac and PP2019 works beautifuly fast and smooth on this. I have ditched PP2020 until Adobe sort it out.  Projects were taking 3 x as long. Would love to know what the issue is. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues have been fixed with updates and PP14 is working fast and smooth. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 1