• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier pro 2021 and Lightroom classic problems with RTX 3080

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing problems when I have premier pro 2021 and lightroom open at the same time. 

My workflow:

I currently have premier 2021 and lightroom open at the same time as I'm exporting photos from lightroom into a folder in JPEG and then re-importing them to premier 2021 as I grow my time line. I would alt tab between the two to export and edit the pictures as I need them. But this is now impossible as premier pro 2021 keeps freezing. I sometimes have to wait up to 10 seconds for premier to respond. I feel this should not happen. I use to do this type of workflow with premier pro 2020 with a MUCH larger project, more animation and a huge image library in lightroom, with no problem at all. 

I have the following PC specs:

AMD 5900x CPU

Asus Corsshair VIII X570 wifi motherboard

64GB Corsair 3200mhz ram

NVIDIA RTX 3080 OC

I have all the latest drivers and I'm using the Nvidia studio driver.

Using the driver from October 2020 and Decemebr 2020 yields the same experience.

My timeline only has 3 elements at the moment, a text layer with little position and opacity animation, a JPEG background, and a PNG with a transpart background.

My sequence settings is set to 1920x1080 at 30fps Prores 422

Lightroom's catalogue has 20 photos imported in raw format.

CPU useage is around 40 - 60% 

Ram usage is around 30%

GPU barely hits 5%.

The moment I close lightroom, premier pro becomes somewhat responsive and I have to close and reopen the program to continue working. 

Overall I feel jumping from a GTX1070ti to a RTX3080 has not given me any performance improvement, come to think of it, it has made my workflow worse. Also when exporting videos with cuda hadware , Premier would report an error, forcing me to use CPU exporting and not GPU accelerated exporting.

Any advise? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I have managed to find a temp fix:

In  lightroom under preferences, set gpu acceleration from AUTO to custom. 

It seems to have sped up premier pro when I alt tab back to premier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines