• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro crash - "Unable to recover from Kernel Exception' - USUAL '3D' FIX DOES NOT SOLVE

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched far and wide, but no suggested resolution has worked to date.

Unable to recover from Kernel Exception. Error code 3, subcode 7.
It pops up when I do any kind of extending clips (to left or right, both graphics and video, both 1080 or 4k), occurring on average between every single time I try a move, to every fourth or fifth time. Will not go more than 5 actions before crashing.

The issue does NOT occurr when I disable the  Mercury Transmit engine to run a second confidence monitor, but I kinda need to have that option!

Yes, I've trashed my preferences. 

Yes, I've gone to the NVIDIA control panel and managed 3D settings. But I still get the same dang thing so often the program is basically unusable.

Help please?!?!

Working on latest Premier build (updated yesterday to 14.7 build 23).
Windows machine, with latest build (as of 12/09/2020)

NVIDIA  Quadro P4000 with latest drivers. (Bios 86.4.56.0b)

Intel i7-8700 (3.2 ghz) with 32 gigs of pretty speedy RAM, most of which is dedicated to Adobe programs. 

Tried it with other programs open, and when Premier is the only thing running. Still, turning off Mercury Transmit seems to be the only fix...

Again I say: Help Please??

TOPICS
Crash , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem and tried all the fixes suggested online (managed 3D settings etc in NVIDIA settings). Incredibly frustrating and making Premiere unusable on this machine. I'm running a HPZ420 with a Quadro K2000 graphics card which is officially supported. My crashes are less specific, but happen when there's more graphical load. All drivers up to date and on latest version of Premiere. I want to add my voice to this cry for help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add me to this list as well. Been trying multiple fixes for the past two weeks. All resulting in nothing but additional frustration. I am working on a team project at the moment. I kind of hoped this issue was directly related to that versus an individual project saved in my workspace. I'm on the road running Premiere 14.7 on a HP ZBook G4 and a NVIDIA Quadro M1200 which has worked flawlessly with Premiere for the last year. Very frustrating edit so far... Any advice?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines