Exit

premier pro crashing with BRAND NEW LAPTOP

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Hi all,

I have recently got a new laptop and the first week it's been great, editing 4K graded footage, large HD projects etc.
This week premier pro has been crashing and "not responding", then closing down. It has also started showing green lines over any footage. I factory reset it but it's still not working how it was. Can any one help please? Specs: dell XPS 15 2020,  32GB ram, 1 TB, Intel(R) core (TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, INTEL UHD graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New laptops/desktops are not always up to date when in comes to drivers or bios.

You probably need to update the intel graphics driver.

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia STUDIO driver installed, not the Game driver.

NVIDIA Studio Driver | 460.89 | Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Ann notes, the game-ready drivers from Nvidia are a problem. They've been causing a world of woes in Premiere for a couple weeks now. Exactly the type of problems you're having.

So yes, go for the Studio driver directly downloaded/installed from the Nvidia driver support page.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines