• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro CS6 - Audio Track Being Placed in Non Corresponding Track to Video Track In Timeline

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very curious problem.  Everytime I try to place this one video in the timeline, the correcponding audio track is placed in a non-corresponding audio track.  I am placing the video in Video 4 and the audio keeps on being placed in Audio 7, where there is audio for another video in the project.  I have tried everything including going to versions of the project before I imported this particular video and re-impirting it, and nothing works.

Also, it doesn't matter in which video track in the timeline I place the video, the audio always lands in Audio 7.

Please see the attached screen captures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

When adding a clip the audio goes to the track of the same type that is nearest. I see you have some 5.1 tracks and I assume you are adding stereo so the audio is placed on the nearest stereo track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro 1.jpg

Premier Pro 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding a clip the audio goes to the track of the same type that is nearest. I see you have some 5.1 tracks and I assume you are adding stereo so the audio is placed on the nearest stereo track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All audio tracks in the timeline are the same.  How do I get the audio track to go on Audio 4 track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your tracks 4,5 and 6 look like 5.1 tracks.

51tracks.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why the tracks would have been created as mono.  I deleted the audio tracks and replaced them with new ones ensuring they where stereo.  Problem solved.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They weren't mono but surround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.  That explains the S.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the S is a 5, as in 5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines