• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro is Taking 8 hours to encode my project.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I have a heavy project where I am editing a MusicVideo. With stabilizers color correcting/grading, grain moviefiles, Two AE Dynamic Links etc. 

I have rendered the project yesterday and took more or less 30 minutes. I was trying today to import the PR Sequence into AE, but noticed that it isn't possible really when I already use Dynamic Link to import to PR. And after fiddling, and adding more grain to the timeline the timeline turned red instead of yellow. So I guess my cache is gone or something? I have now reinstalled Premiere also.

So to my problem. Only encoding says is going to take 8 hours! Which I think is absurd in some ways. The sequence is about 3 min so yeah, feels like a lot of encoding time. I can send the video file that I rendered before which is exactly the same, but with another track with the grain on. The encoding percentage is not stuck tho, so I take that as a good sign. I can also cancel the encoding/exporting without problems. I am also rendering with Media Encoder. 

I'm on windows and use a Gigabyte Aero 15x laptop so I do not think at all that my hardware is the problem. 

Im going to leave the encoding overnight tho, but this seems absurdly wrong.

Kind regards

-Sam

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Oh god, It seems it was a red giant grain plugin that went berserk... Jesus. Why are there so crazy issues in PR But in AE most things just work... 

deriss_saman_0-1598304400787.png

Sry and well, yeah. Was losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you haven't told us your source properties and your sequence settings...

seems like you've got a lot going on in your timeline.  first, I prefer to render out my AE comps and place them on top of the comp in the timeline.  Can save a lot of heartache.  You might also try smart rendering, change your sequence settings preview format to match your desired export format, render the entire timeline and then when you export, make sure the "use previews" option is checked.  

And sometimes, it can make sense to export your timeline before adding the grain and then import the export and apply the grain to that file...  Hard to know what individual effects require in terms of render time unless you use this kind of workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you, and the tips are good. But I think I have some kind of bug or something wrong with my cache... And seeing I had no issues yesterday makes me wonder...

I am now rendering just my in and outs. Thinking I should start there, but this is just crazy118361452_1804273009711489_7910677272819407724_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence settings are just 1920x1080 25 fps. Nothing fancy. Most of my source materials are 4k video clips downscaled to 1080. Mixed with grain and effect clips that are just 1080. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh god, It seems it was a red giant grain plugin that went berserk... Jesus. Why are there so crazy issues in PR But in AE most things just work... 

deriss_saman_0-1598304400787.png

Sry and well, yeah. Was losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE and Premiere are two very different beasts.   Try outputting your timeline without the redgiant grain applied and bringing the file into AfterEffects and see how long it will take to render out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outputting as in rendering with Animation for uncompressed video file then bring it in AE? Hmmm 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd try prores422HQ.  Animation codec is probably way overkill...  Although I'm in the process of transitioning to windows (not a painless process) I don't really have the deep knowledge of windows codecs that I have on the mac side of things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines