• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro keeps crashing while working with captions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP crashed about every hour from reopening while working on captions.. This didn't happen before, i have been working on the same project for about 7 months now. I am using MBPR mid 2014 -16GB memory running on Mac OS Sierra v 10.12.6 

Haven't updated or installed anything. 

What am i doing wrong? 

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 14.37.23 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-10 at 20.58.33 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-10 at 20.58.55 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-10 at 20.59.06 copy.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes on captions in the newer versions is not common, but there are some reports. I don't know if it matters, but what specific dot version of PR 2019 are you running?

Do a "save as" of your project for tests, and change the caption settings to more default: Arial, no edge, 50 on the line spacing, and try that.

If that does not work, remove the captions from the test project. Then work in it and see if the crash occurs.

I wonder if the "ValidateTextureDimensions" issue is non-caption.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 13.1.5 the captions are Size 50, Helvetica Line spacing 40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow up: i imported the project on a new project and saved it to a different location and that seem to have solved it but one part of the edit is playing slower and gets stalled wjile replaying for about half a minute  (it is an hour video). Only that part of the video. Saved and closed and reopened the project but  still the same. Any thoughts on why that might be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you made progress. Did you try rendering that section of the timeline?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines