Highlighted

Premier Pro + Media Encoder Freezes with H264 codec

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I know this is a hot topic but after doing some digging through the threads I have not found a solution that works for me.

I'll start off by saying that H264 renders work for me 100% of the time out of After Effects. I render daily out of AE with no problems.

I have a custom PC which is all up to date. Specs can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/vDdXsY

I edit in Premiere Pro ever so often and when I do the videos are generally longer than a couple minutes. This is where I run into problems. If I try to render out H264 either out of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder it freezes my machine.

I've tried all the tips that show up in a Google Search. Has anyone found a solution? For my next project I may consider learning DaVinchi Resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been working as a Motion Designer in SF, NYC, and PDX for over 10 years and have never encountered this until now. Is this what editors have been dealing with all along?

Cheers

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premier Pro + Media Encoder Freezes with H264 codec

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I know this is a hot topic but after doing some digging through the threads I have not found a solution that works for me.

I'll start off by saying that H264 renders work for me 100% of the time out of After Effects. I render daily out of AE with no problems.

I have a custom PC which is all up to date. Specs can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/vDdXsY

I edit in Premiere Pro ever so often and when I do the videos are generally longer than a couple minutes. This is where I run into problems. If I try to render out H264 either out of Premiere Pro or Media Encoder it freezes my machine.

I've tried all the tips that show up in a Google Search. Has anyone found a solution? For my next project I may consider learning DaVinchi Resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been working as a Motion Designer in SF, NYC, and PDX for over 10 years and have never encountered this until now. Is this what editors have been dealing with all along?

Cheers

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had anything like this, but a few do.

Make sure that 'hardware acceleration' is un-checked in your preferences, as some hardware doesn't work with that checked. A few users have posted this trouble.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either until I started using Premiere. I've tried all the preferences and the results are the same. From doing research it's more than a few users having this problem. After about 10 crashes I was finally able to get a render out. 

Adobe really needs to address this and work with its users. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand most users vastly over-expect their problems are widespread, from reading through a forum or two or so. There are many thousands of daily users of Premiere Pro, so you can have a few hundred with an issue that is still a tiny fraction of the user-base. It's always relative. Naturally, if you're one of the affected ones, its sucks. Been there done that.

And H.264 is probably the most common format/codec for exports out of Premiere, so if this was widespread  this forum would be flooded with posts about it. It's not even close to the most common H.264 problems.

The place to file things for the attention of, or to get information to the development/engineering team is their UserVoice system. This site is primarily user-to-user or "peer support". That site is a direct line into the engineers. And all posts there are collated and go to the upper managers who determine budgets.

Post a detailed bit about your computer system, the media & effects used, and this problem.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0