Highlighted

Premier pro playback pauses after few seconds

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am using premier pro 2020 latest version over Windows 10 fully updated. My machine is Lenovo y750 i7 7th generation 16gb of ram gtx 960m graphics card.

Problem i am having is even if i drop simple footage direct from camera timeline bar shows yellow colour after rendering frames it gets green and when i play this it gets pause after few seconds and it gets keep pausing over and over. I tried all optimization from blogs and YouTube and nothing is working so far. Even i i tried older version as well they have slightly less pause frequency but problem remains. 

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premier pro playback pauses after few seconds

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am using premier pro 2020 latest version over Windows 10 fully updated. My machine is Lenovo y750 i7 7th generation 16gb of ram gtx 960m graphics card.

Problem i am having is even if i drop simple footage direct from camera timeline bar shows yellow colour after rendering frames it gets green and when i play this it gets pause after few seconds and it gets keep pausing over and over. I tried all optimization from blogs and YouTube and nothing is working so far. Even i i tried older version as well they have slightly less pause frequency but problem remains. 

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using m.2 ssd as oS drive and standard hdd for other. Main project and clips are in ssd and its aprx. 40gb free and other are around 250gb free

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

40 GB free is not much for temp files and system files.

What is the capacity of each of the drives?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please take  a look on image attached.Annotation 2020-08-24 230156.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's your problem right there. You actually have, besides the OS SSD, a single 1 TB HDD that's been partitioned into three separate partitions. And the most used partition of that drive is also by far the absolute slowest partition of that drive! You see, no HDD can sustain high transfer rates throughout the entire disk to begin with. And when you partition that HDD like that, the maximum sequential transfer rate of the outermost partition is less than 90 MB/s (assuming that the maximum sustainable transfer rate of that given HDD is around 130 MB/s). And with that outermost partition so full, that transfer rate drops to less than 70 MB/s. And practically, that partition transfers no better than about 40 MB/s due to overhead from the controller.

Video editing demands high sequential transfer speeds to begin with. But a partitioned spinning HDD will only make an already slow drive even more sluggish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright sounds absolutely convincing and make sense, But my video files and software both are on ssd i move projects to HDD when complete I usually edit on SSD, still should I be facing this problem?
should i upgrade my HDD to ssd  aswell ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need to know your source properties and your sequence settings.  Premiere has an awesome proxy workflow.  It can be a little tricky but once mastered it's great...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png2.png3.png

Please take a look

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant understand the dafact .. when after effects works fine why can't PR run smoothly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Pr is not Ae.

What kind of drive is J?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its an SSD external .. but I am having same issue on internal SSD as well i.e m.2 evo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That i know very well .. my point is AE is rendering tons of effects and working smoothly then i cant figure whats wrong with simple playback

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines