• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro suddenly showing NVIDIA MX330 video driver as unsupported

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began a porject today (a weekly video I put together for an online open mike that I host), and Premier initially opened up fine, but then I saved, closed the project, and then exited the program so that the sound would transfer to the headphones, rather than the laptop speakers (why doesn't the sound automatically transfer when you plug headphones in? that's weird. anyway...) when I restarted Premier, I got a popup warning that told me my video driver (NVIDIA GeForce MX330) was unsupported. I checked my version and I've got the next to latest driver from july 9,  the latest is from 9/8. 

Is this just me? I haven't changed anything in the system or added any special speakers etc.  I did two hard reboots of the laptop and the warning continued..  the machine is an HP Envy 17mwith an intel i7-1065G7 CPU

before I go and try installing the latest MX330...any thoughts?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Don't rely on the driver finder process. The program may not have any access whatsoever to a driver version that's newer than what's already installed on your system. In fact, the "latest" version of some of the driver finders are so severely out of date that they do not recognize drivers that are newer than three years old! Moreover, the Windows driver finder built into the OS will search only the Microsoft Update site for the latest driver available, which does not go beyond version 432.00 - t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deleting my comment since the horse's mouth has arrived 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a newer driver than that for the latest version of Premiere Pro. There is an issue with the 451.67 (released on July 9) and older drivers in the current version of Premiere Pro to make the renderer and encoder act as if it were running entirely in software-only mode. The latest update to the main Creative Cloud app added the compatibility error report.

By the way, the latest driver is not from September 8 (although it may be the HP-customized driver for your GPU). The latest official Nvidia driver (452.06 Game Ready) is actually from August 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I ran the driver finder process, but didn't see the one you mention. I'll check it again tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't rely on the driver finder process. The program may not have any access whatsoever to a driver version that's newer than what's already installed on your system. In fact, the "latest" version of some of the driver finders are so severely out of date that they do not recognize drivers that are newer than three years old! Moreover, the Windows driver finder built into the OS will search only the Microsoft Update site for the latest driver available, which does not go beyond version 432.00 - too old for the newest version of Premiere Pro - and will not search any other Web site, not even Nvidia's own.

Instead, you must search manually for the driver version, directly from Nvidia's Web site. The result when entering "MX330" points to the new 452.06 Game Ready Driver. Don't search for Studio Drivers because there aren't any that are compatible with any low-end GPU such as any of the MX series. The Studio Driver supports only GTX, RTX and Titan GPUs of the Pascal and newer architectures. No GT or MX GPUs are supported at all in the Studio Driver.

And even if you can get Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) working, you will not have hardware encoding at all available with that GPU installed, even if you have an Intel CPU that has QuickSync enabled. That is because Adobe will not currently permit QuickSync encoding with a discrete GPU installed because NVENC will automatically supercede QuickSync with a discrete Nvidia GPU installed. Worse, the MX330 uses the low-end Pascal-generation GP108 GPU, which has absolutely no hardware encoder at all. Therefore, for exports to H.264 and/or HEVC (H.265), your PC will be permanently locked to software-only encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines