Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Timeline Issues

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can give me some tips..? 

When I highlight a section and I try to drag it into my Timeline it only drags the audio without the video. 

Anyone knows what's the issue might be ? 

Thanks a lot. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Hey Tamas,

Far left of the Timeline, highlight the V1 track so that the "V1" box turns blue, just like the A1 box below it. This function is called "Source Patching."

It is the step you need to make sure of before dragging. Now you know! I call it, "Look before you leap." 🙂  

How did it happen? Patching is supposed to be automatic, however, I noticed these buttons can get "unpatched" when clicking on certain kinds of media derived from gaming streams, webcam video, etc. so if you edit that kind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tamas,

Far left of the Timeline, highlight the V1 track so that the "V1" box turns blue, just like the A1 box below it. This function is called "Source Patching."

It is the step you need to make sure of before dragging. Now you know! I call it, "Look before you leap." 🙂  

How did it happen? Patching is supposed to be automatic, however, I noticed these buttons can get "unpatched" when clicking on certain kinds of media derived from gaming streams, webcam video, etc. so if you edit that kind of stuff, you really have to keep this step in mind. Cool? Look before you leap!

Why Source Patching is even a thing? It is set up this way for editing audio only or video only edits. Sometimes you want to be able to do that. You can also edit into the timeline with two methods: insert and overwrite. By default, dragging is an Overwrite edit. An Insert Edit is for when you wish to place a clip between two existing clips, usually.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin. 

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

It did work finally. I still have a lot to learn...lol 

I appreciate your advice ! 

Have a good weekend. 

Thanks, 

Tamas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines