• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro update SLOW to download

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has taken me 8 hrs to download the latest update and I'm only 37% done!

WHY Adobe!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Hi Grant, Jerry – 

Did your downloads eventually complete, or were they still unexpectedly slow or hanging/freezing?

Normally Customer Support recommends this sequence:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps using standard OS procedures.

2. Download & run the CC Cleaner Tool, remove all apps.

3. Reboot your computer (don't skip this step).

4. Start again from the top by reinstalling the Creative Cloud and your tools.

If still no luck, then the route people often take instead is to request/use the dir

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is part of the problems I have had in the past...  I thought it was my internet, but now I have a much better fiber provider and last night and today, I am still unable to update any of my programs, except, Bridge and when I try to load it, it is "unresponsive"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue. Make sure that you have all Windows updates that are available. The one thing that was causing it for me, believe it or not, was that I needed to do a clean installation of the latest Studio graphics driver from the NVIDIA website. After doing that and restarting, all was OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant, Jerry – 

Did your downloads eventually complete, or were they still unexpectedly slow or hanging/freezing?

Normally Customer Support recommends this sequence:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps using standard OS procedures.

2. Download & run the CC Cleaner Tool, remove all apps.

3. Reboot your computer (don't skip this step).

4. Start again from the top by reinstalling the Creative Cloud and your tools.

If still no luck, then the route people often take instead is to request/use the direct download links for the CC Desktop app or for the 2020 Creative Cloud apps themselves – whatever you need. With those, you can download offline installers which are industry-standard .exe/.dmg files for Windows/macOS.

It is frequently reported those standalone installers will download much faster (and complete!) over the same Internet connection than when using the CC Desktop app... nobody's really sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines