Premier pro v 14.8 freezing, using 100% of Disk

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using premier it constantly freezes and maxes out disk usage. Why would this be?

The project im working on is stored on a local sever, being accessed over a 1 Gbps lan network. Network does not appear to be bottlenecking, max is never reached. Does contain AE dynamic links.

My system specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5

RAM: 48.0GB Ddr4
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (Gigabyte)
Storage: 465GB Crucial CT500P1SSD8 M.2 nvme

Happy to supply any additonal information.
What would be causing this?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 1 gb network is slow. Try a 10 gb network if you are uing 4K Pro Res, BRAW or R3D files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I didnt think it was bottlenecking because i had checked, but maybe it was. Why would this max out disk usage though?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked again. It does the same thing when doing render and replace (transcoding) of a AE dynamic link too. It shows disk usage at 100% and network under minor periodic useage. I tried tranferring a file from the server, and the network useage does show 100% during the transfer.

Also i checked resource monitor, and according to it, after effects, (the program handling the transcoding),  even though it is only writing 50 mb/s to my drive which can do 1500 mb/s it says its using 100% disk, and its and reading almost nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Timothy38402 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ressolved the issue. My pagefile cache was causing an issue. Adobe, as well as other programs appeared to be using it instead of my ram, so i disabled it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines